Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2015 Is Is Blocking All Downloads At 99%

Options

BitDefender is blocking all downloads, including Apple Update Software. It will get to 99% and then fail. I have tried turning everything off on BitDefender, but it stills blocks it when it gets to the scanning part of the download. If I totally uninstall BitDefender, it works fine. I have tried using the Uninstall BitDefender Tool on the website, and again, it works fine without BitDefender running. But as soon as I reinstall BitDefender 2015 IS (downloaded from website, so I have current edition), it will immediately start blocking all downloads again.

I've also reset the standard firewall settings when BitDefender was uninstalled (just in case something crazy was linked), and also reset the Firewall settings in BitDefender Firewall. Again, everything works perfect each time I uninstall BitDefender, with standard Uninstall or with the BitDefender Uninstall Tool that I downloaded from website.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• No ideas?

• removing bdtl.dll

• removing bdtl.dll

Wouldn't that shut down all the HTTP monitoring? I don't want that, I want the BitDefender software to work properly. I have it on other PC's and they work fine. It's just the one PC that started blocking EVERY download.

I have also ran programs like JRT, Adwcleaner, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes, tdsskiller to make sure I didn't have other malware causing the problem. Other than some tracking cookies, nothing was found.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Send in the details to Bitdefender and let them help with your problem.

Open the BD GUI (double click the BD icon in your system tray) From the top drop-down choose "Help & Support" - "Contact Support".

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Options
    BitDefender is blocking all downloads, including Apple Update Software. It will get to 99% and then fail. I have tried turning everything off on BitDefender, but it stills blocks it when it gets to the scanning part of the download. If I totally uninstall BitDefender, it works fine. I have tried using the Uninstall BitDefender Tool on the website, and again, it works fine without BitDefender running. But as soon as I reinstall BitDefender 2015 IS (downloaded from website, so I have current edition), it will immediately start blocking all downloads again.

I've also reset the standard firewall settings when BitDefender was uninstalled (just in case something crazy was linked), and also reset the Firewall settings in BitDefender Firewall. Again, everything works perfect each time I uninstall BitDefender, with standard Uninstall or with the BitDefender Uninstall Tool that I downloaded from website.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Did you check the Event logs to see if there are any messages there regarding the failed downloads? If there are you should include a picture of them in your communication with Bitdefender Support.

• Did you check the Event logs to see if there are any messages there regarding the failed downloads? If there are you should include a picture of them in your communication with Bitdefender Support.

Sadly, there isn't any notifications of the problems. The only reason I know it's caused by BitDefender, is when I remove it, it works fine. But not one bit of information makes it to the event logs.

As for writing support, so far, they have wasted my time with sending my canned responses that are not relevant to my issue...but I am talking with them via email. Just with how slow they are there, I was hoping to find anyone else that ran into this. I have to get it back up today, with BitDefender or just switching to Kaspersky and being done with it. I really don't like Kaspersky though, but if it's work or not work....