[FIXED] Windows restart instead of Shut Down with Bitdefender 2016

Comments

• Confirmed. Uninstalling BIS 2016 fixes the problem.

Windows 10 Pro Final (Build 10240) + BIS 2016

FIXED! :)

Windows 10 Pro Final (Build 10240) + BIS 2016 (Build 20.0.18.1037)

• the issue is now fixed after update & restart :)

BDTS 2016 20.0.18.1035 x64 on Windows 10 Pro 10240 x64

• Same issue here on 2 computers. One of them had an API_.... blue screen and restarted 2 times.

Can't believe you guys. Been BD customer since 2008 and the product is getting more and more unreliable.

I also filed false positives 1 month from now. No answer no nothing from the support.

115 days left of my actual subscription.

Will try something else after this period.

Currently returning to BDTS2015.

Regards,

Gerald

• This is not happening. Can't believe it. I tried to get back to 2015 by downloading the W10 compatible SW from the links provided in the forum (IN THE BD 2015 Forum). The downloaded file is 2016.......

Done with it forewer. You guys managed to ruin the best AV. Congratulations!

• This is not happening. Can't believe it. I tried to get back to 2015 by downloading the W10 compatible SW from the links provided in the forum (IN THE BD 2015 Forum). The downloaded file is 2016.......

Done with it forewer. You guys managed to ruin the best AV. Congratulations!

Did you download from here?

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

• the issue is now fixed after update & restart :)

BDTS 2016 20.0.18.1035 x64 on Windows 10 Pro 10240 x64

I am on ver. 20.0.18.1035 issue still exist. I can't find any other versions of BDTS...

• same for me, and it's happening to me since the beta version version (i reported this to the team) i had to use "wise Auto Shutdown" to shutdown my pc on win 10

• Bitdefender Total Security Build 20.0.18.1037 has FIXED the Shutdown Problem on My Toshiba Laptop. I just finished reinstalling it.

Thanks for the FIX. :D

• Build 20.0.18.1037 has FIXED the Shutdown and BSOD Problem :D
  • RohughRohugh ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Build 20.0.18.1037 has FIXED the Shutdown Problem :D

Yep, I can confirm that as well, I have just re-installed it after having to revert to v.19 until it was sorted. :)

Thank you Bitdefender.

• I have same Shutdown Problem, How to update Build 20.0.18.1037 ? I have still BTS 2016 Build 20.0.18.1035.

• I have same Shutdown Problem, How to update Build 20.0.18.1037 ? I have still BTS 2016 Build 20.0.18.1035.

Hi,

Have you clicked the "Update" module in the BD GUI?

Ro.

• Hi,

Have you clicked the "Update" module in the BD GUI?

Ro.

Yes, I am doing this many time but version number are not change, Its still show me 1035.

• Yes, I am doing this many time but version number are not change, Its still show me 1035.

Right click tray icon of Bitdefender and click update.

• Yes, I am doing this many time but version number are not change, Its still show me 1035.

Are you using the English Language version? Different language versions are not updated at the same time.

Ro.

• Right click tray icon of Bitdefender and click update.

Doing this but still have Build 20.0.18.1035

Update manually and then find last message about update in Events (required to reboot) and restart your PC.

• Are you using the English Language version? Different language versions are not updated at the same time.

Ro.

Yes, I am using US English Language version.

• Doing this but still have Build 20.0.18.1035

You'll have build 20.0.18.1036, this is the latest version.

• You'll have build 20.0.18.1036, this is the latest version.

I have 1037

post-175392-1442060203_thumb.jpg

• I have 1037

post-191980-1442060361_thumb.png

• I did an update from within Bitdefender and that solved the shut down issue. The version number was still 1035 though.

Just for the fun of it, I uninstalled and downloaded from central.bitdefender.com again, the version number is now 1037.

• I did an update from within Bitdefender and that solved the shut down issue. The version number was still 1035 though.

Just for the fun of it, I uninstalled and downloaded from central.bitdefender.com again, the version number is now 1037.

I am uninstalled Bitdefender, Now cannot install Bitdefender. It show me are downloading but when download completed then does not show/run the install/setup page. Please let me know, How to get fixing this issue?

• Hi,

I download from here - http://www.bitdefender.com/Downloads/ and then add the license/subscription details afterwards. That then activates BD Central.

Ro.

• edited September 2015

I am on BDIS 20.0.18.1035 and, after running a manual update from the dashboard and doing a restart, my version remained the same, the shutdown problem was fixed, and everything is running okay now.

Every new version of every software product has some issues to be worked out. After installing BDIS 2016 two days ago, my PC wouldn't shutdown. That was an inconvenience, not a problem. The problem would have been if I couldn't get my PC to boot up after the installation. Within one day of the new release, BD personnel, with the great assistance of BD users on this forum, identified there was an issue. Within two days of the new release, BD fixed the problem. I consider that a very good response.

Bitdefender is a great product that I trust to keep my PC safe. I thank the BD staff for their services.

• Well thats weird

Some have 1036 while others have 1037

The Shutdown problem is fixed after the update and restart but the version remains the same.......20.0.18.1035 BDTS 2016 x64 English version

post-39962-1442068301_thumb.png

I am on BDIS 20.0.18.1035 and, after running a manual update from the dashboard and doing a restart, my version remained the same, the shutdown problem was fixed, and everything is running okay now.

Every new version of every software product has some issues to be worked out. After installing BDIS 2016 two days ago, my PC wouldn't shutdown. That was an inconvenience, not a problem. The problem would have been if I couldn't get my PC to boot up after the installation. Within one day of the new release, BD personnel, with the great assistance of BD users on this forum, identified there was an issue. Within two days of the new release, BD fixed the problem. I consider that a very good response.

Bitdefender is a great product that I trust to keep my PC safe. I thank the BD staff for their services.

Thats a very Positive feedback.....It can't get ay better than this....Thank You and Thanks to Bitdefender :)

• Well thats weird

Some have 1036 while others have 1037

It is worthy of note that both DrGjerdesmett and myself have 1037 as a result of a new install, those who updated have 1035.

Ro.

• It is worthy of note that both DrGjerdesmett and myself have 1037 as a result of a new install, those who updated have 1035.

Ro.

I also have 1037 with a new install. However it has this issue.....

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry235862

• i too am on 1035

i have tried to update using the gui and via right clicking on the tray.

in fact, under events it did ask me to restart my pc- and i clicked in there iself to restart.

am till at 1035. no amount of update chks have helped since then. and finally, yes i have the english language itself.

• i too am on 1035

i have tried to update using the gui and via right clicking on the tray.

in fact, under events it did ask me to restart my pc- and i clicked in there iself to restart.

am still on 1035. no amount of update chks have helped since then. and finally, yes i have the english language itself.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.