Remove Device

I have two different accounts with Bitdefender, under two different email addresses. I made the mistake of installing one computer under both accounts. I cannot figure out how to remove it from one of the accounts so that I can use the license for a different computer.

Comments

• I have two different accounts with Bitdefender, under two different email addresses. I made the mistake of installing one computer under both accounts. I cannot figure out how to remove it from one of the accounts so that I can use the license for a different computer.

Hi GSpike,

Maybe you could contact Bitdefender.

Open the BD GUI (you double click the BD icon in the system tray of the windows taskbar), then from the figure icon on the top bar you choose "Help & Support" and "Contact Support".

Regards,

L.

• Hi GSpike,

Maybe you could contact Bitdefender.

Open the BD GUI (you double click the BD icon in the system tray of the windows taskbar), then from the figure icon on the top bar you choose "Help & Support" and "Contact Support".

Regards,

L.

I did, and this is their response. My comments are in brackets.

You can simply uninstall the product from one device and install it on a different one. [Well yes you can, but if you don't have an active license to assign it to it won't run.]

Also, a device can be deleted from the online account as follows:

-click on the email address from the top right corner

-click on My Subscriptions

-now click on My Subscriptions from the top left corner and choose My devices -> select the device you want to remove -> Delete device from the top right corner [There is nothing in the top right corner of anything that allows you to delete the device.]

• No one knows how to do this? It shouldn't be that difficult!

• Okay, right after posting that last thing, I basically tried again, and the machine I wanted on the new account is now there and signed in, so that's good. But the other machine is still there, actually on both accounts, which is odd since the new account I believe only covers one PC. And even stranger, the expiration date on the new account is wrong--it's the expiration date of the old account, which is longer!

Anyway, I now have all the machines running 2016, which is what I wanted. Hopefully someday I'll figure out how to remove the one machine from the new account, but it doesn't really matter.