Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Login After App Updated Today

Options
TonyR8680
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

basic info:

Product: Bitdefender Mobile & Antivirus 3.2.51.144

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I have an active sub to Bitdefender Family Pack 2015 with over 260 days remaining. I have the Bitdefender software installed on all my desktops, laptops and mobile devices in the house it has ran smoothly and with out trouble since day one however today after my Samsung Note 4 updated the Bitdefender app through the Google play store I am now unable to login into the app on my phone. I can login using the web browser to access My Bitdefender and Bitdefender Central with no problems. When I try in the app it just stays on the login screen. I have been in contact with support by means of emailing bms@bitdefender.com and I did get a response but after following all the instructions the issue still remains and I have since sent a reply back to support to let them know and am awaiting a response. While I was waiting I was reading the reviews on the Google play store and noticed some users had the same issue as I do and were able to resolve it although none mentioned the method they used to fix it.

So I was just wanted to reach out to the users of this forum to see if anyone has encountered the same issue and if he/she wouldn't mind posting the steps they took to fix the issue.

Thanks all for reading and thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Also I'll update this post when I hear back from support with anything that worked for me.

Comments

• Hello Tony,

The support will get back to you. The same it did for all the other users who got "fixed". We apologise for all of this. It was a huge update and some things slip through our fingers. Thanks for writing to us!

Mihai Corlan,

Product Manager

Android Apps

• Installed newest release 3.2.51.151 over the weekend still no luck with login, app now says "encountered server error code 104". What does code 104 mean? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

• Updated to version 3.2.51.158 and still having issues only now its error code -32000.

• I have good news as of 9/15/14 8:30 AM just tried to login and it finally worked! Not sure what changed I didn't do anything different on my end. The app completed primary scan and initial setup. I was able to close and open it again with no issues, perform scans, check privacy, setup anti-theft, app lock is working and my subscription shows right amount of days remaining. Just glad to have it working again and wanted to let you know that currently I am no longer in need of support.

• Why don't you simply post the 'fix' here for all to share, rather than have to ask one by one?

• Why don't you simply post the 'fix' here for all to share, rather than have to ask one by one?

Not sure what you mean entirely that's exactly why I started this thread asking if anyone that knew of a fix to post it here and I would have posted any information I thought would help others as I said in the OP but I didn't find a solution from the support emails I received or by searching the support site. I simply updated to the newest release on the play store then after a few attempts it just let me login as if nothing was ever wrong. I don't know what changed I updated to version 3.2.51.158 the night it was released on the 14th tried to login and no luck. I sent another email to bms@bitdefender.com to let them know. I hadn't received a reply yet but I tried to login again the next morning and the app let me login and started working. I am guessing it was something on their end that changed or got corrected with the login server (but that is just speculation I was never informed by support as to what exactly fixed the issue) because I did nothing different on my end. No settings on my phone were changed at all, no manual install or anything of the like, I didn't even uninstall the older version just updated over it using the play store app.

I wish I could help you and others out more but I don't have any other information as to what fixed the issue for me. I'll post a copy paste of the support response emails I received anyway and maybe someone can find a solution that works for them but as I said it didn't help me.

The 1st support email response I got Sept. 11th:

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender support.

With the new version of Bitdefender, we implemented a subscription based systems. Besides offering the best protection for your devices, we want you to have the smoothest experience managing and using your Bitdefender products on all of your systems (Windows based, MAC systems and Android Mobile devices).

Additional information can be found here:

www.bitdefender.com/support/-1475.html

First of all, please make sure that you are logged in with your Google account in the Bitdefender app.

In order to register Bitdefender Mobile Security, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender Mobile Security App

2. Tap on the menu from the upper-left corner of the screen (the 3 lines next to Mobile Security)

3. Choose Account Info from the list.

4. Swipe down to the option Or enter an activation code if you have one: and insert your license key and tap on activate.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a lovely day ahead!

Sincerely,

Narcisa Cocei

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

Nothing from the above email worked for me, I sent support a reply to inform them and this is the response I got on Sept. 14th:

Thank you for your patience.

A new Bitdefender version was released on Play Store: 3.2.51.151

If this update was not pushed yet on your device, please go to:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...urity&hl=en

And install it from there. The new version replaces MyBitdefender with Central. All the existing MyBitdefender accounts will be automatically ported to Central.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved with Bitdefender Mobile Security v. 3.2.51.151

Have a lovely day ahead!

Sincerely,

Narcisa Cocei

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

I installed version 3.2.51.151 and still had the login error so I sent another reply to support. Then later that day version 3.2.51.158 was released I updated and still had the login error so I contacted support again to let them know. I was about to go to work Tuesday morning decided to give it another try and this time I was able to login with the same version 3.2.51.158. If possible I hope this information in some way helps others out there to resolve their issue with the app and if I come across any other information I'll post it in this thread. Of course if anyone else who reads this has something to add that can help please feel free to post it for others to see. For now the only thing I can recommend with any confidence is for anyone having issues to contact support via bms@bitdefender.com just in case they can expedite resolving the issue with the accounts affected.