Unlimited Devices, Limited To 3... ?

cmezza
cmezza ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Install & activation

Hello, I'm having problems with my current Family Pack 2015 activated/converted in Central "My subscriptions". I started migrating my main computer, laptop, android and mac to 2016. Everything went smoothly until I installed on my laptop...

I did see Devices 2/3 in Central, but figured it was the just Mac that was not 'there yet' (greyed out) after the Beta 2016 in which I had participated, I had not yet upgraded that machine. Then I did, and then I added the laptop that had never been attached to the Central account. It didn't like that 4th device...

My question is: with the Family Pack, still showing "Unlimited number of devices" in version 2016, is it just a bug in Central ? When can I expect to be able to activate Total Security on my laptop and remaining devices ?

Thank you!

Comments

• I asked this question twice since launch. seems like BD support is selective in answering questions in the forums.

I too would like to understand the concept of unlimited devices, but restricted to x number of systems. How is family plan different from multi-device plan?

• I am having the same issue.

I submitted this to support 4 days ago. Still waiting for a resolution.

I also contact support by chat yesterday and the "support" person was unable to help. He needed to send to Tier 2 support, and promised to get back to me "in as quick of time possible."

I guess being quick is not possible. :(

• cmezza
    cmezza ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Being French and all... I also posted in the French speaking sub-forum yesterday and a good guy from BD support did answer quickly and handled the problem. With my account and licence details he investigated the problem.

As of 50 minutes ago, he responded to my thread announcing the this is obviously a bug with Central that shouldn't limit the number of devices for Family Packs, and that this has been escalated.

No ETA yet, but I hope in the next few days...

Edit: just got this in the mail (ticket submitted on Sunday. this is in addition to the automated reply from that day)

Dear -My name-,

Please be informed that we are currently working on resolving your Customer Care request, ticket no: 2015091308320001, and will be getting back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Bitdefender Customer Care Team

• Good News: After 5 days I received a reply from Bitdefender about by issue with only having 3 devices available from my Family Pack.

Bad News: The reply gave me a link for their support website in french, or to call a Bitdefender support phone number in France.

This is horrible customer service. I have already contacted their chat support and they were unable to help - it needed to be escalated. Still nothing from that endeavor either.

• The French tech guy from the forum told me my licence key is "international".

As of yesterday, my fellow countrymen have had their problem resolved (no more limitations). And I'm here waiting like the rest of the World...

I guess they have found a solution and are working on resolving it in batches, our turn will come eventually. (But the sooner, the better)

• I got a response from tech support today, telling me they had fixed the subscription on my Central account.

I had to reactivate some machines, reinstall TS2016 on one of them, but all in all this limited devices issue has been fixed (at least for me). :rolleyes:

• Still not working for me in the UK. Even tried to use Bitdefender support chat and the person at the end acknowledged it was a known issue but could not do anything for me.

I work for on an IT management team for a global company and this is some of the worst IT customer support I have experienced for years.

What is the point of a support team that cannot resolve your issue on the spot?

• Hello,

for me (Germany) solved on 20.9. after calling the support hotline on 16.9. This is not very quick but quick enough IMHO.

Now it works as before: unlimited devices with the family pack.

Good luck,

Michael