Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Files Are Corrupt

Options

Hello,

I've been tried to install AntiVirus 2016 on Windows 8.1 several times now, but get this message each time:

Some installation files are corrupt.

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation.

I've tried various combinations of downloading the files again, deleting everything, different web browsers, a different internet connection but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I noticed that it does create a Bitdefender Agent folder and Bitdefender Agent is shown as installed in programs, however attempting to run it directly just results in a connection error.

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello,

I've been tried to install AntiVirus 2016 on Windows 8.1 several times now, but get this message each time:

Some installation files are corrupt.

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation.

I've tried various combinations of downloading the files again, deleting everything, different web browsers, a different internet connection but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I noticed that it does create a Bitdefender Agent folder and Bitdefender Agent is shown as installed in programs, however attempting to run it directly just results in a connection error.

Go to Control Panel ---> Programs & Features ---> Bitdefender Agent ---> Uninstall

Then use the Uninstall Tool in SafeMode to remove all Bitdefender remnants from your system.....run the tool again in normal boot....

Now go to your Bitdefender Central Account ---> click "Install Bitdefender" ---> Windows--->On this Device ---> Download---> run from the downloaded installer....

See if this solves your problem