Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Immediately After Install, Internet Connection Lost & Firewall Turns Off

Options

I just purchased a 2016 subscription to upgrade from the 2015 trial I'd downloaded a couple weeks ago for my windows 10 system. Once the installation process finished, I rebooted and found I had no internet access. A few minutes later, there were warnings that I had no firewall. Windows gave me the opportunity to pick one and I choose Bitdefender. It turned on, but made me reboot. When I rebooted, the same again.

I tried doing a repair - twice. I've finally given up. Is there anything else I should do or should I be applying for a refund?

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I just purchased a 2016 subscription to upgrade from the 2015 trial I'd downloaded a couple weeks ago for my windows 10 system. Once the installation process finished, I rebooted and found I had no internet access. A few minutes later, there were warnings that I had no firewall. Windows gave me the opportunity to pick one and I choose Bitdefender. It turned on, but made me reboot. When I rebooted, the same again.

I tried doing a repair - twice. I've finally given up. Is there anything else I should do or should I be applying for a refund?

Did you completely uninstalled Bitdefender 2015 and Bitdefender Agent before installing the 2016 version ?

If Bitdefender Firewall is turned off can you access the internet ?

Its likely the previous bitdefender files are still conflicting with the 2016 product

I say uninstall Bitdefender 2016 and Bitdefender agent from Control panel ---> Programs & Feautres --> Bitdefender 2016 --->uninstall & restart ---> Programs & Features ---> uninstall Bitdefender Agent

Then use the uninstall tool to remove any residuals

Go to Control Panel ---> Windows Firewall ---> click on "Restore Defaults"

Now log in to your Central account and click on "Install Bitdefender" ---> Windows ---> On this device ---> Download

Install from the downloaded online setup and see if the issue remains .....

If it still does then you may have to contact support by opening Bitdefender GUI ---> click on top "figure" icon ---> Help & Support ---> Contact support ...Follow the instructions and explain in detial about this issue and the resolutions you tried

or

Open a support ticket ---> http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

• Did you completely uninstalled Bitdefender 2015 and Bitdefender Agent before installing the 2016 version ?

If Bitdefender Firewall is turned off can you access the internet ?

Its likely the previous bitdefender files are still conflicting with the 2016 product

I say uninstall Bitdefender 2016 and Bitdefender agent from Control panel ---> Programs & Feautres --> Bitdefender 2016 --->uninstall & restart ---> Programs & Features ---> uninstall Bitdefender Agent

Then use the uninstall tool to remove any residuals

Go to Control Panel ---> Windows Firewall ---> click on "Restore Defaults"

Now log in to your Central account and click on "Install Bitdefender" ---> Windows ---> On this device ---> Download

Install from the downloaded online setup and see if the issue remains .....

If it still does then you may have to contact support by opening Bitdefender GUI ---> click on top "figure" icon ---> Help & Support ---> Contact support ...Follow the instructions and explain in detial about this issue and the resolutions you tried

or

Open a support ticket ---> http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

The second time, I did a complete uninstall using the tool from the Bitdefender website, that didn't help, either. And yes, without Bitdefender, internet access is fine. I may need to file a ticket.

• Hello abramsor,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forum.

We have found your ticket 2015092315090001 opened with Bitdefender support. According to your last reply, you have uninstalled Bitdefender and currently asking for a refund.

Please let us know if you would like to accept our help and troubleshoot the issue, otherwise, I will forward your refund request to our Commercial Team.