Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Downgrade From Ts 2016 To Is 2016

Greetings.

I'm right now running Bitdefender Total Security 2016, and it has 87 days left.

Today I got a free license for 6 month for BitDefender Internet security 2016, but I can't get "My Account" to use this.

I uninstall Total Security 2016 on my PC. Reboot. Click on the link in the mail with the free license for Internet Security. It install, and after that it opens the browser with "My Account" loaded, and it has installed TOTAL SECUTITY, not Internet Security with my 6 month license. No where on "My Account" can I see how to uninstall that license and how to add the new license (no key is given for the 2016 programs).

Do I have to get a new email-adress just to downgrade? Or is there another trick to solve this? :wacko:

Best regards

Sven O. in Denmark

Comments

• Greetings.

I'm right now running Bitdefender Total Security 2016, and it has 87 days left.

Today I got a free license for 6 month for BitDefender Internet security 2016, but I can't get "My Account" to use this.

I uninstall Total Security 2016 on my PC. Reboot. Click on the link in the mail with the free license for Internet Security. It install, and after that it opens the browser with "My Account" loaded, and it has installed TOTAL SECUTITY, not Internet Security with my 6 month license. No where on "My Account" can I see how to uninstall that license and how to add the new license (no key is given for the 2016 programs).

Do I have to get a new email-adress just to downgrade? Or is there another trick to solve this? :wacko:

Best regards

Sven O. in Denmark

Hello,

At the moment you can't remove a device from Bitdefender Central which is totally bugged and the new subscription plan made it even worse....

Have you completely removed Total Security 2016 from your system before installing BDIS from the link you received via mail ?

You need to remove Bitdefender 2016 and Bitdefender Agent before installing another product.......Use the uninstall tool to remove all residuals after that.....

Try again :)

• Hello,

At the moment you can't remove a device from Bitdefender Central which is totally bugged and the new subscription plan made it even worse....

Have you completely removed Total Security 2016 from your system before installing BDIS from the link you received via mail ?

You need to remove Bitdefender 2016 and Bitdefender Agent before installing another product.......Use the uninstall tool to remove all residuals after that.....

Try again :)

Yes, I uninstalled BitDefender Total Security with the uninstall tool, rebooted, and then clicked on the link in the email from BitDefender to start installing of BitDefender Internet Security. After it was finished, it opened my browser on "My Account" page and showed me, that I _still_ has Total Security. After the uninstall tool is finished with uninstalling all BitDefender-stuf, is there anything else to clean up before installing a new BD-version?

My plan was to get my PC's even on key-date and then buy a "3 PC key", but with this error, it seems like a heavy job. Ok, now it is late here, 5:29 am, so time to go to bed. I will try again tomorrow.

• I gave up uninstalling BitDefender Total Security, so I could install my free BitDefender Internet Security. I have now tried 3 times today. So my (bad, I know) solution was to uninstall everything with BitDefender uninstaller-tool. Reboot, I then made me a new email-adress by Microsoft, install the free Bitdefender Internet Security, and made a new accout with this new email.

That can't be BitDefender's solution to this, they will end up with lot and lots of inactive accounts this way. I really don't get their idea behind this.

I was running a 6 month free solution of their Total Security, and with 86 days left I got another free 6 month, this time Internet Security though, so I had to "downgrade". At BitDefenders web-page I accepted their terms, and then I got an email with instructions and a download link for BitDefender Internet Security 2016. Why the F..K does it then install and activate the old TS key? The new IS key is _nowhere_ to see on "my account". I'm happy I did not pay for this, as my trust in BitDefender now has got a servere blow. I have been using BitDefender for about 3 years, and was allways happy with it, but this new "My Account" online is a nightmare.

Well, only one thing left to ask. How do I delete the older "My account" made with my normal Email-adress? Or is that not possible either?

I have opened an email-ticket at BitDefender 2 days ago, but they have not answered. Of course I do not have support on the free 6 month key, so I guess I will not get an answer. But then again, I guess they would like to get my money once the free 6 month test is over, so I do hope to find a solution before that :-)

• Hi Burgurne,

The commercial team can help you with this situation.

Please contact them via email, at bitsy@bitdefender.com

This discussion has been closed.