Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Licence Activation

Hi,

Long story short, I have 2 current total Security 2015 licenses. i have activated 1 of the licences successfully through the central site, but the other licence will not activate, keeps coming up with an error message try later. Advice???

Jeff

p.s I have been on the support 24 hour phone line in Australia (24 hour) for 2 hours still listening to elevator music

Comments

• Hello orion_jb2001,

Kindly be informed that case number 2015092414190001 has been escalated to the appropriate department, in order to resolve the situation.

I will send you an e-mail shortly, requesting a couple of details that would allow us to resolve your request accordingly.

Please reply to our e-mail with the requested details.

• Hello orion_jb2001,

Kindly be informed that case number 2015092414190001 has been escalated to the appropriate department, in order to resolve the situation.

I will send you an e-mail shortly, requesting a couple of details that would allow us to resolve your request accordingly.

Please reply to our e-mail with the requested details.

How many times do I have to communicate with you people about what is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is very simple from my end, but it

must be oh so complicated for you people because you keep asking the same question. I have again replied to your email and for the whole

WWW world to see........................................ I have 2 current and active licences for 2015 Total Security, with over 300 days still current.

I have had a problem with 2015 total security that has been running for a couple of months that YOU COULD NOT SOLVE. In your absolute

anguish, you told me that 2016 Total Security was now running, change over to it. Well guess what, you finally solved that problem that's been going for a couple of months or more........

hooray

NOW TO REPLACE THE PROBLEM, ONE OF MY VERY ACTIVE 2015 LICENCES WILL NOT CHANGE OVER TO 2016 TOTAL SECURITY THROUGH YOUR

STUPID NEW CENTRAL SYSTEM........................... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO KEEP REPEATING MY SELF

one more time............... NOW TO REPLACE THE PROBLEM, ONE OF MY VERY ACTIVE 2015 LICENCES WILL NOT CHANGE OVER TO

2016 TOTAL SECURITY THROUGH YOUR STUPID NEW CENTRAL SYSTEM

FIX THE BLOODY PROBLEM, STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH REPEAT COMMUNICATIONS EITHER CHAT OR EMAIL FIX THE PROBLEM

• And also for the benefit of the WWW, here is the text of a chat with very helpful I.T. person with Bitdefender. I think when you read it too, you will

wonder why Bitdefender cannot understand:

- when trying to add the license key ****** in the central account: cant upgrade the licence, try again later.

- central account:************ help

Oana F. has joined the chat.

Oana F.: Hello Jeff

Oana F.: Please describe the situation you ran into, regarding the Bitdefender product. Please tell us the exact steps that lead to the issue.

Jeff: Hi, I have 2 current licences for 2015 total security, I have successfully upgraded one of those licences through the control feature and

downloaded 2016 but the other licence will not update the licence to work with 2016.

Oana F.: May I please have your license key?

Jeff: This is the licence that the control feature will not upgrade: *******

Oana F.: Can you please tell me Jeff have you made a Central account on bitdefender.com?

Jeff: Yes.

Jeff: Sorry I meant the central feature didn't upgrade that licence

Oana F.: Please try to access the Bitdefender Central account and tell me what you see under `My subscriptions`.

Oana F.: Can you please tell me under which e-mail address you have the Central account?

Jeff: I have my mobile security subscription for my mobile and I have 3 devices subscribed to 2016 under the other licence that did successfully

upgrade to 2016

Jeff: ************

Oana F.: And you would like to activate also the key ******* in the Central account?

Jeff: Yes, I am in the bad luck situation that I have 4 units to run bitdefender but your licences suit 3 licences, so I will have some spares ....lol

Oana F.: Have you tried to enter the license key in the Central account in the section `Activation code`?

Jeff: Yes and every time I get an error message that it cant upgrade the licence, try again later.

Jeff: Just did it again and this is the message; There was an error activating your subscription. Please try again later.

Oana F.: Can you please tell me what kind of web browser are you using?

Jeff: Internet explorer 11, but I used the same web browser to activate the 1st licence without any problems, so don't tell me it is the browser

Oana F.: Do you have any other web browser installed?

Jeff: no only the edge one of windows 10 but I don't use it.

Oana F.: In this case, I will need to escalate this situation Jeff to my senior colleagues. They will contact you back with an e-mail with a solution.

Is that fine with you?

Jeff: Same result using edge.

Jeff: Yes that is all right as long as it is not long. I am sorry but if you check your records, you will note I have had a problem running with you

for some months never fixed, they sent me the info about the new 2016 program. By the way, I think you should offer multi discounts

by the number of licences the use wants to use instead of setting the number of computers 1 licence will cover, if your have 4 computers,

you don't have to buy 6 licences.......

Jeff: Integrated Support - ******************.... your reference

Oana F.: Please allow me a few moments so I can check the ticket history for you.

Jeff: Oh buy the way, upgrading to 2016 did solve that problem finally, now we have another one.

Oana F.: I see your case Jeff, in this case I will increase the priority of your case to be contacted in the shortest time possible. Is that fine with you?

Jeff: Yes thanks.

Oana F.: Is there anything more I may be able to assist you with at the moment?

Jeff: No thanks, hopefully someone can sort that licence problem out. :)

Oana F.: Thank you for choosing Bitdefender Chat Support! Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance, as we are here 24/7.

Goodbye.

Disconnected by the visitor. Chat session has ended.

Jeff: Good bye

That referral to a senior colleague was over 2 days ago. Seems a simple solution would be to fix the licence activation problem with the affected

licence, re issue a new licence/subscription that will work and give the customer a healthy refund for all his problems and yet still want to

use the product, because when it is working, it is good.

Jeff

• I've had this problem since the 17th Sept, still no resolve... plenty of emails saying they will respond 'soon' from all the tickets I've posted and emails with reports, including posts here on THEIR forums.

I don't know how this company measures time, but soon seems to be considerably more than a week.

They deserve to loose a LOT of business.

• Hello,

I can see that my colleagues from the Bitdefender commercial team have responded to your e-mail a few minutes ago. Please check your inbox and if you need further assistance please reply to their e-mail via ticket 2015092414190001.

Thank you! This topic will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.