Central Not Working

Hello I have problem with activation of my product becasue Bitdefender Central is not working. I can log in but I cant activate or check my devices nothing.

Comments

• Yeah, I have the same issue.

• The same thing. Can't access my acount.

• Me too have problems when i want to re-install BDIS 2016. Cannot reinstall. <_<

Bitdefender Central not working.

• Please log out and log back in.

It was down for a little while earlier, but it is currently working again.

• 7JM7
    edited September 2015

Sure would be nice if Bitdefender would show a little common courtesy and mention Central and the activation servers are down. A couple suggestions would be a note on the main website and on their social media websites or maybe even in the forums. Someone new to Bitdefender would likely be immediately turned off by the promise of a 30 day trial and then have a nonfunctional product tell you trial is expired and to pay up. Live chat does not work, after an extended hold with the phone support I found out they are aware of the problem but do not have time frame for a resolution. I cant understand why they even let you download 2016 since it fails to activate and leaves your system vulnerable.

• I can log in to BD central.....But cant do any cloud activities like locating my device or doing a quick scan...Both for PC and Android...Always getting "Oops,something bad happened" ..... But what exactly? lol

post-39962-1442201018_thumb.png

• Please log out and log back in.

It was down for a little while earlier, but it is currently working again.

We are now Sep 16

I still have the same issue. I can log in but, all I get is a blank page.

• Hello,

During the weekend there was an issue with one of the servers that host our cloud services and by 9/13 it was fixed.

@jithin I will get back to you via ticket ID 2015091509210004

@urOk, @DrGjerdesmett what message do you receive when trying to 'Activate Code'?

@Vitalik1993, @mitza97, @mdgboxx Try using a different web browser.

• Hello,

During the weekend there was an issue with one of the servers that host our cloud services and by 9/13 it was fixed.

@jithin I will get back to you via ticket ID 2015091509210004

@urOk, @DrGjerdesmett what message do you receive when trying to 'Activate Code'?

@Vitalik1993, @mitza97, @mdgboxx Try using a different web browser.

Hello Georgia,

I'm sorry, but you completely lost me. ---"Try using a different web browser"--- ???

The Bitdefender icon is in my notification/system tray. I log in by using my account credentials: Email address and Password. It logs me in and brings me to a BLANK Page.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

My Bitdefender TS 2016 works fine (I think) I simply cannot go into "My Bitdefender Central"

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hello Georgia,

I'm sorry, but you completely lost me. ---"Try using a different web browser"--- ???

Hello,

I think Georgia means if you are using Firefox as your default browser, try using a different one like Google Chrome or IE/Edge.

https://central.bitdefender.com/devices

I cannot get to Central from the BD GUI on my Windows 10 machine, I have to use a bookmark as linked above.

Ro.

• Hello,

I think Georgia means if you are using Firefox as your default browser, try using a different one like Google Chrome or IE/Edge.

I cannot get to Central from the BD GUI on my Windows 10 machine, I have to use a bookmark as linked above.

Ro.

Is it Country or ISP based?

Because I can login to BD central from BDTS 2016 GUI......Infact I never had problems accessing Bitdefender Central from the interface......

I only had "Oops,something bad happened" error once or twice when trying to locate my device (pc and mobile) or doing the remote tasks...But now its fine atleast for PC

• Hello,

Ro.

Can't even get the url to open; trying to register account.....Not a confidence builder. Firefox nope, IE nope, iphone nope...

• When I first downloaded this programme from Bitdefender Central, all it would do is show me uninstall windows for a variety of programmes installed. I can accept it may want to uninstall any competing malware programmes, but MB drivers and Bios update, even a USB 3.0 booster driver as well?

I spent the last 4 days, installing, uninstalling, clearing dns, flushing dns, rebooting PC, rebooting Router etc etc, simply because the desktop client would fail to connect to the internet to register the programme.

It would go through cycles of asking for an activation code, which wouldn't work anyway, then locking my desktop screen demanding that buy a subscription and that the trail period was expired (first time ever installed). It would prevent me from using the Start button to access other programmes or restart the PC, the whole system slowed to an absolute crawl while it used 100% CPU cycles, constantly changing the desktop picture to a blank background and tearing it.

With a hard reboot, it would show the login screen, when I tried to login, it would report an error that I'm not connected to the internet (I have rock solid 40mbs Fibre through Ethernet cable to the router), or the window would disappear and sit in the taskbar saying that I need to login, periodically snatching focus when it would open the login screen again and again and again. All the while the PC was like wading through treacle. Only a uninstall and deep scan to remove its remains from the system, would release my PC from its grip.

Couldn't start a firewall, this was prevented by Bitdefenders own firewall, even though it wasn't turned on, leaving my network vulnerable. Security (when it eventually opened) showed that Bitdefender Antivirus was installed, but I had no way of knowing what it was doing, whether it was upto date, had scanned the system at all etc etc. or waiting for some validation before doing anything.

The Bitdefender Central website showed my PC, but without any subscriptions allocated and none of the 3 licenses I bought, being used.

I've sent 3 security logs initialized by the Client, showing clearly the issue, sent 9 emails to support, tried the live chat every 20 minutes over 2 days without being able to chat with anyone. Phoned a help line and spoke to a polite but severely limited member of staff. He did admit that this is a known issue and 'they' are working on a solution! From what I've read on the forums, this has been an issue for the past week or more. Forums are barley used by users, so judging statistically there are probably 90% of users having the same issue, that believe it is their issue, which is very much the case, when you read 'support' correspondence, while they try and fix YOUR ISSUE.

My resolution, is to uninstall the programme, install something usable, that allows me to become productive and confident, and move on from the 4 days wasted. As none of the licenses purchased have been used in any way (and nothing else either), I have begun the arduous task of seeking a refund...

• Can't even get the url to open; trying to register account.....Not a confidence builder. Firefox nope, IE nope, iphone nope...

Well I found it in my geo firewall logs;

Can now connect.

• Hello I have problem with activation of my product becasue Bitdefender Central is not working. I can log in but I cant activate or check my devices nothing.

Same here!.....trying for the last week to activate 2016 to no avail, giving up on this bad...bad app!....going back to ESET.....$89+tx down the toilet!

• All I can say is that you are not the only ones who have these problems with Bitdefender Central. This system invented just to give you headaches, the interconnection between your unit and their unit system.

I think that is good antivirus functionality, eccentricities that we have created here -and those of many others - consider it a failure and continue the path that is wrong.

Any user wants independence while in operation and privacy and not a permanent connection between us and the central unit.

Related to this malfunctioning can say that will last until they are repaired however .... and I have communicated through feedback issues raised by Bitdefender Central but have not yet received an answer.

Often I think that the support we want to offer it is not heeded by anyone .... still I believe in Bitdefender and go on their hands ... soon!

:(

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hello,

Ro.

I am having major, MAJOR issues with Windows 10 at this point in time, and don't see a solution from MS Customer Service in the near future. I have IE as my default browser, so I switched to Google Chrome and it still didn't do any good.

Edge is the one I'm having problems with. I can't even log in to IT. It messed up my whole computer. I suggested that someone from their Tech Support logs into my comp to fix it and I am willing to pay for it, I didn't even get an acknowledgement to my request, much less a reply.

When I logged in with Chrome, I still get a blank page instead of Central. So, I switched back to IE.

I am a self diagnosed computer illiterate for a very good reason.

• You guys still can't login to Central ?

• " I suggested that someone from their Tech Support logs into my comp to fix it and I am willing to pay for it, I didn't even get an acknowledgement to my request, much less a reply."

You are willing to pay them to fix this issue???? It is 100% their responsibility, it is THEY that should be compensating you, it is their system that has been released untested. Imagine it MUST be a real show stopper, they have known about it for over a week and still can't fix it. With this sort of business strategy, they are doomed to failure and rightfully so.

• It is September 20th and the Central still is down and clearly it is not browser connected nor user specific problem. The issue is on Bitdefender's servers. After loging into central I see blank page but the source code of the page is not empty. For me it looks like there is a problem with template engine not parsing the document at all - look at attached screen shot of source code.

post-194041-1442753568_thumb.png

• " I suggested that someone from their Tech Support logs into my comp to fix it and I am willing to pay for it, I didn't even get an acknowledgement to my request, much less a reply."

You are willing to pay them to fix this issue???? It is 100% their responsibility, it is THEY that should be compensating you, it is their system that has been released untested. Imagine it MUST be a real show stopper, they have known about it for over a week and still can't fix it. With this sort of business strategy, they are doomed to failure and rightfully so.

I verrrrrry reluctantly agree with you.

I am also wondering if the fact that Windows Defender, which is disabled, still gets activated by default, by Windows 10 after it's been disable for a certain period of time. That specific setting is "Greyed out" and inaccessible to de-activate it.

• It is September 20th and the Central still is down and clearly it is not browser connected nor user specific problem. The issue is on Bitdefender's servers. After loging into central I see blank page but the source code of the page is not empty. For me it looks like there is a problem with template engine not parsing the document at all - look at attached screen shot of source code.

Thank you DawidD,

I fell less rejected and alone, knowing that I am not the only one suffering from this condition. Perhaps our Bitdefender should temporarily hire (black market) one of Microsoft's engineers to find a solution to this problem.

There is no shame in admitting that you are overwhelmed. IMHO

• Hi all,

For those of you who still encounter this issue, we would need the following:

1- A screenshot of what you see on your Internet browser when accessing: https://central.bitdefender.com

2- A screenshot of what you see when opening Bitdefender and trying to login into Central.

Thank you!

• Hi all,

1- A screenshot of what you see on your Internet browser when accessing: https://central.bitdefender.com

2- A screenshot of what you see when opening Bitdefender and trying to login into Central.

Thank you!

Screenshot

Hello. I can't even load the Central page to log in and create a new registration key for BDTS 2016 (I am already a subscriber for BDTS 2015).

I tried with all available browsers to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi all,

Thank you!

This is what I see when I click on Central

This is what I get, a blank page.

• This is what I see when I click on Central

This is what I get, a blank page.

EDIT:

I went as far as resetting my password and trying to connect, but to no avail. I still get a blank page, as above.

• Is there any updates regarding the unexpected error when signing in and activating the Bitdefender 2016 product?

Since yesterday I bought my Bitdefender Total Security 2016 Product and I still can't activate it to protect my pc's.

• Paul-Robert
    edited September 2015

@DanteGR I have checked your account and saw that the subscription has been activated and running on 1 device, currently. Please let us know if you encounter any other errors or if you see the correct validity in the Bitdefender product interface.

@Shaines the account is also active and the subscription has been linked to the account, with 1 active device currently in use.

@all If any other issues appear while trying to access the Bitdefender Central account, please try to refresh the page first(Ctrl + F5) , and then clear the cache and cookies from the browser.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

@DanteGR I have checked your account and saw that the subscription has been activated and running on 1 device, currently. Please let us know if you encounter any other errors or if you see the correct validity in the Bitdefender product interface.

@Shaines the account is also active and the subscription has been linked to the account, with 1 active device currently in use.

@all If any other issues appear while trying to access the Bitdefender Central account, please try to refresh the page first(Ctrl + F5) , and then clear the cache and cookies from the browser.

And, this is still what I get.

There was ONE time, it searched, trying to log into Central, then I got the "OOPS" reply.

• Hi mdgboxx,

The screenshot shows the login page for Bitdefender Central. Please send us a picture of the error received when trying to login into the account.

Also, please let us know if that particular error message still appears after clearing the cache and cookies, or if it appears in all browsers.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    Hi mdgboxx,

The screenshot shows the login page for Bitdefender Central. Please send us a picture of the error received when trying to login into the account.

Also, please let us know if that particular error message still appears after clearing the cache and cookies, or if it appears in all browsers.

Hello Paul-Robert,

I have lost count of how many times I tried to bring back the "Oops" error Pop-up. As I mentioned in a previous post, it only happened ONCE.

I like IE because of the option: "Favorites" which I can't find, at this time in Google. But I have Pinned Bitdefender Central and Bitdefender Forum in my Google browser. Through Google, I can access Central very easily. It actually works.

Later, I will try to find a IE equivalent of the "Favorites" option in Firefox, if I can't find one in Google. Fact is, I sort of gave up on IE, since nothing seems to work properly since the Windows 10 "FREE Upgrade".

Lastly, I am now convinced that my issue is more with Microsoft Windows 10 than with Bitdefender Total Security 2016. I have 1/3 devices and 404 days left on my subscription.

Can I consider my issue with IE resolved?

Not really, but I am slowly moving all of the important/crucial material/items to another browser, may it be Google or Mozilla Firefox.

• I was asked through ticket "2015102802440001", to go to bitdefender Central to upgrade to bitdefender 2016, due to windows 10 compatibility or whatever that is crashing my Bitdefender 2015 everytime i plug in a usb stick (hangs the scan at 99% and keeps like that 'ad eternum'). The problem is that after logging in all i get is a blank page. Not much of a help, if you know what i mean. I've tried to acess it with Chrome, IE, Edge, from different PC's with different OS, and what i get?..... A beautiful blank page.

• EDIT:

I went as far as resetting my password and trying to connect, but to no avail. I still get a blank page, as above.

Im having the same exact problem and i cant seem to find any solutions. I have tried contacting Bitdefender multiple times and i either get an error or no response.

I feels as if i bought this product and then the company vanished into thin air. I can not log in through the program or the website.

ZwXWyqx.jpg

post-196308-1446138942_thumb.jpg

• dubai33
    edited November 2015

With reference to my ticket no. 2015110609470003, I bought the Family pack 4 days back still i am not able to install the Central window keeps popping up asking for login. When i put my credentials it just gives an error.

I need an immediate refund.

My ticket created 3 days back and no body has bothered to reply..

This is height of Bad Customer Service and Product breakdown.....

I managed to talk to a chatsupport few days back after 100 tries probably and she said she will send me an email... No email yet... She dozed off or died?

• With reference to my ticket no. 2015110609470003, I bought the Family pack 4 days back still i am not able to install the Central window keeps popping up asking for login. When i put my credentials it just gives an error.

I need an immediate refund.

My ticket created 3 days back and no body has bothered to reply..

This is height of Bad Customer Service and Product breakdown.....

I managed to talk to a chatsupport few days back after 100 tries probably and she said she will send me an email... No email yet... She dozed off or died?

You should just retry today, for me central is working now.

• Yes it seems Central is a total waste of time. I'm finished with BitDefender as Central would not allow me install a newly subscribed to product. Like others here I spent a whole day uninstalling and trying to install but to no avail and my system was left vulnerable. In the end I simply reinstalled my old BitDefender product and will go elsewhere when it expires.

My BitDefender v Central. BitDefender guilty of trying to fix something that was not broken.

Hitbit

• I must say that I am very disappointed too, I haven't been able to fix Central's behaviour, I have a 11yo boy who has to be protected... Parental control doesn't work any more, I can't find a way to set the time he can use internet, I can't stop pr0n or other sites, all I get is a report... I don't care about.

Also the issues found can't be read since Central shows nothing.

Everything is messed up... It is a real shame, as BD2015 was really nice...

• And yet again I cannot log in to Central.

Hitbit

•  

And yet again I cannot log in to Central.

Hitbit

Working fine for me. I have to add there are times when it will not load but waiting a few minutes and trying again usually solves it.

• Please clear your cookies and cache, ensure the browser doesn't have any add-ons or toolbars interfering with its proper functionality. Please also try using a different browser as in rare occasions the browser's profile can get corrupted and cause all sorts of misbehavior.

This topic is closed as it is very old, should you encounter the same situation please follow the above steps.

This discussion has been closed.