Downgrading From Ts To Is Not Possible - Confirmed!

Greetings.

Paul-Robert from Technical Support has closed my former thread about this: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59811

I have now got an answer from BitDefender Support Center:

Let me first thank you for your interest in our security solution, Bitdefender.

We are sorry for the delay of our answer and we hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on.

Kindly be informed that in order to activate and install your Internet Security 2016, you need to create a different Bitdefender Central account using a different email, and install it on your device using this account.

Which means you will have to get a new email-adress if you want to change your BitDefender product. What a joke!! It took BSC allmost a week to find this answer.

Comments

• Which means you will have to get a new email-adress if you want to change your BitDefender product. What a joke!! It took BSC allmost a week to find this answer.

LOL.................And it'd be nice to know just how you can install BDIS without having TS overlay during the install. Once you create the second account, BD seems to default to TS NO matter what you try. Or at least that's the case for me.

• Hi all,

Since the Bitdefender program is dependent of the Central account, having multiple subscriptions for products from the Classic line (Antivirus Plus, Internet Security and Total Security) activated in Central would create errors, if different products would be installed on multiple computers and all products would be linked to the same Central account.

Bitdefender Total Security is indeed the default program that is installed on the PC, if a trial subscription is activated directly from Central.

However, the other 2 programs can be installed as trial, by going to Bitdefender.com and choosing TRY A 30 DAY TRIAL NOW on the Internet Security and Antivirus plus pages:

Bitdefender Internet Security:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus.html

If a Central account is created, the user would need to click on My subscriptions> Activation Code> Type the activation key received> Download the program.

The correct Bitdefender version will then be installed on the PC and it will be linked with the respective account.

Please reply in this topic, if you would require further assistance.

• Hi all,

Since the Bitdefender program is dependent of the Central account, having multiple subscriptions for products from the Classic line (Antivirus Plus, Internet Security and Total Security) activated in Central would create errors, if different products would be installed on multiple computers and all products would be linked to the same Central account.

Bitdefender Total Security is indeed the default program that is installed on the PC, if a trial subscription is activated directly from Central.

However, the other 2 programs can be installed as trial, by going to Bitdefender.com and choosing TRY A 30 DAY TRIAL NOW on the Internet Security and Antivirus plus pages:

Bitdefender Internet Security:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus.html

If a Central account is created, the user would need to click on My subscriptions> Activation Code> Type the activation key received> Download the program.

The correct Bitdefender version will then be installed on the PC and it will be linked with the respective account.

Please reply in this topic, if you would require further assistance.

I did not write about trial in this or in the former thread.

I had TS installed, and when the license was about to finish I went looking for a BitDefender Internet Security license. I found a 6 month free licens on the net (not sure if it is legal to post the link here, so I won't), which I choosed. It took me to BitDefender web-page, where I sign up for this, and BitDefender then sended me an email saying:

Thank you for choosing Bitdefender® Internet Security 2016, awarded Product of the Year! Normally, this would cost you $30. Today we're giving it to you for FREE - and your subscription is valid for 6 months.

Click the button below to activate your subscription and install Bitdefender.

Please read the steps below for guidance.

But when I did this, and after a reboot, I was stuck with my old TS licens and the few days left on it. Noone has been writing about trialversions, and therefore I think it is a joke you must have severel emails just for downgrading.

• Hello,

Since 2 license keys for 2 different Windows products can't be present on the same Central account, I would recommend allowing the Total Security license key to expire and then add the Bitdefender Internet Security license key.

• svenohrberg
    edited September 2015
    Hello,

Since 2 license keys for 2 different Windows products can't be present on the same Central account, I would recommend allowing the Total Security license key to expire and then add the Bitdefender Internet Security license key.

What a shame BitDefender is making it so difficult to use their products. Why just make an uninstaller for the Central Account, so you can install a different product with the same email? This way there will also only be one license key at the time.

Well, now I have this one license, but in about 5 month the license on my laptop is running out, and I then want to buy a 3PC license from BitDefender, what then? Do I have to get a 3th emailadress to buy and install BitDefender Internet Security on my 2 PC's, because the old license "has to expire" before I can do anything else??

I know IS is what I have now, and that IS is what I want in 5 month time but upgrated to a 3-PC-license, but the present license just started is for 6 month, so what to do with my laptop in that month time?

• Hi Burgurne,

Since the requested information is restricted to general view, please send me a personal message with the license keys that you currently own, the e-mail address that you would like to use to create the Central account and the total number of computers on which you would like to install Bitdefender.

We will try to provide you with an official response shortly.

• svenohrberg
    edited October 2015
    Hi Burgurne,

Since the requested information is restricted to general view, please send me a personal message with the license keys that you currently own, the e-mail address that you would like to use to create the Central account and the total number of computers on which you would like to install Bitdefender.

We will try to provide you with an official response shortly.

The problem is solved for now (by getting a new email-adress), but I don't know what will happen in 5 month time. Then I want a 3 PC-license for BitDefender Internet Security.

As written before, I really can't see the advance of making it so difficult to be a BitDefender Costomer, why not use the Key system as before? Others still use it, and it works! And most important, we costomers can figure out how to use it! It can't be an optimum solution (for BitDefender OR for costomers), that a supporter has to write PM for just a change from one product to another from the same company

• Hi Burgurne,

If you are to make a purchase for a Bitdefender Internet Security/3 users subscription, you will be able to activate it on the first Central account, as soon as the fist key expires.

At that point, you can install the product on all 3 computers, from the same Central account, thus having the same validity.

Please let us know if you would require further assistance, or if the topic can be closed.

• Hi Burgurne,

If you are to make a purchase for a Bitdefender Internet Security/3 users subscription, you will be able to activate it on the first Central account, as soon as the fist key expires.

At that point, you can install the product on all 3 computers, from the same Central account, thus having the same validity.

Please let us know if you would require further assistance, or if the topic can be closed.

It is OK to close it, as I think I have got the info i needed :-)

• Well....After all of the computers and subscriptions run out, I am leaving Bitdefender. I do computer repair and install Bitdefender with most customers and I can monitor them all from my.bitdefender account, unlike Central. I am not going to make a new account/password for each customer. This is not a threat but if Bitdefender keeps up this licensing practice, then no more Bitdefender for me or any of my customers.