Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[submitted to developers] Unexpected Error

Options
2»

Comments

• Hello Scam and welcome to the Bitdefender forum.

I have sent you an e-mail with the necessary information.

The assigned case number is 2015093014160005.

Please let us know if everything is okay.

• I have the same problem, looked in the bitdefender folders but bdnc.ipv4 file is missing

• Download the bdnc.ipv4 From here:

http://files.supportbd.com/retail/2016/bdnc.ipv4 (Bitdefender servers)

• Download the bdnc.ipv4 From here:

http://files.supportbd.com/retail/2016/bdnc.ipv4 (Bitdefender servers)

Don't forget to run pc in safe mode to copy this file to both:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

Restart pc back in normal mode and you should be able to login to bitdefender.

Just to let others know: my computers on multiple connections failed the ping test on nimus.bitdefender.net and my web browser test on it showed a "bad request", which i believe is a server error 503. (in other words: error is there end not mine). Yet bitdefender works fine and updates etc

Note to bitdefender: With the selling of "Bitdefender Install & SetUp" - this is really making you look like you are not including this file on purpose to drum up more business.

• Hi all,

A fix for this error should be released via product update later today or monday morning.

If the error still persists, please try these steps:

1. Download (save on your computer) the file bdnc.ipv4 from the link below:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e4mdrp

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and copy bdnc.ipv4 in these two folders:

3. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

• NMA
    Options
    Hi,

@NMA After checking your ticket history, i found a refund request opened for the license key. If you decide to keep using Bitdefender, in order to troubleshoot the update error, please let us know what is the name of your Internet Service provider and provide us with a screenshot of the error received in the Bitdefender main window.

Olá,

Na instalação tudo ocorreu bem inclusive atualizou. Hoje apareceu, novamente, o error code:1011

error code: 1011

Global Village Telecom

Visit My Website

Thanks,

Nelson

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When installing all went well including updated. Today appeared again, the error code: 1011

error code: 1011

Global Village Telecom

Visit My Website

Thanks,

Nelson

• NMA
    NMA
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi,

@NMA After checking your ticket history, i found a refund request opened for the license key. If you decide to keep using Bitdefender, in order to troubleshoot the update error, please let us know what is the name of your Internet Service provider and provide us with a screenshot of the error received in the Bitdefender main window.

Obrigado! Parece que tudo está normal. É no notebook é que se consome muitos recursos - RAM e Processador são muito exigidos - espero que isso melhore com o tempo!

Notebook Samsung N150 Plus

Windows 10 Home 32 bits

Intel Atom CPU N455 1.66 GHz 1.67 GHz

RAM 2,00 GB

É normal consumir muito com essa configuração?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks! It seems that everything is normal. It is in the notebook is that it consumes many resources - RAM and processor are highly demanded - hope it improves over time!

Notebook Samsung N150 Plus

Windows 10 Home 32-bit

Intel Atom N455 CPU 1.66 GHz 1.67 GHz

2.00 GB RAM

It is normal consuming with this setting?

• Hello NMA,

The recommended system requirements for Bitdefender 2016 are:

- 2 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

- Intel CORE Duo (2 GHz) or equivalent processor

- Memory (RAM): 2 GB

as seen: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/system-...ucts)-1471.html

Furthermore, Atom processors were not design to handle a large number of tasks at the same time, as they are basically upgrades from processors designed to be used on mobile devices.

As a conclusion, it is normal to expect a higher that normal usage for the processor and RAM memory, with the current configuration.

• pistata112@gmail.com
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi all,

A fix for this error should be released via product update later today or monday morning.

If the error still persists, please try these steps:

1. Download (save on your computer) the file bdnc.ipv4 from the link below:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e4mdrp

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and copy bdnc.ipv4 in these two folders:

3. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

Even after following all these steps, my problem is not resolved. (in safe mode rewritted file bdnc.ipv4 in both directories).

But when I check the bdnc.ipv4 content after restart in "c:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\" it contains 52.28.131.90 IP, not 81.161.59.73 as in downloaded file. Something is rewriteing the content of this file after restart.

When trying to connect to Bitdefender central I am receiving error "Please provide a valid redirect url."

Windows 10 x64bit

• NMA
    Options
    Hello NMA,

The recommended system requirements for Bitdefender 2016 are:

- 2 GB available free hard disk space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

- Intel CORE Duo (2 GHz) or equivalent processor

- Memory (RAM): 2 GB

as seen: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/system-...ucts)-1471.html

Furthermore, Atom processors were not design to handle a large number of tasks at the same time, as they are basically upgrades from processors designed to be used on mobile devices.

As a conclusion, it is normal to expect a higher that normal usage for the processor and RAM memory, with the current configuration.

Olá,

Tive problemas (code:1011) - desinstalei a build anterior.

Não consigo reinstalar a build 20.0.19.1099.

Não consigo também acessar nenhum site da Bitdefender.

Acesso somente a Central e o Forum.

Utilizei o Desinstalador Bitdefender

CCleaner para limpar registro e rastros.

Em ambos computadores.

Provedor Global Village Telecom

Aguardo suporte grato!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

I had problems (code: 1011) - uninstalled the previous build.

I can not reinstall the build 20.0.19.1099.

I can not also access any site of Bitdefender.

Access only to Central and Forum.

I used the Bitdefender Uninstaller

CCleaner to clean registry and tracks.

In both computers.

Provider Global Village Telecom

Thanks!

• Please follow the steps below which help us determine if the computer can connect to the Bitdefender cloud server.

1. type cmd inside the Search bar from Windows, then press Enter on your keyboard. It will open Command Prompt. Type the following commands inside the black command prompt window. Press Enter after each line:

ping nimbus.bitdefender.net

ping bd.bdnc.net

Send us the output of these 2 commands. You can capture a screen shot of the results and attach it to your reply.

2. open Internet Explorer and go to:

http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/

Capture a screenshot of the entire screen after trying to access http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/ and attach it to your reply as well.

3. Open these 2 folders:

Let us know if the file bdnc.ipv4 is located in both folders.

4. Then:

a) Download my attachment (productagentservice.logger) and place it on your Desktop.

b ) Reboot the PC in Safe Mode.

c) In Safe Mode, copy the file downloaded at step 1 inside

You will be asked if you want to replace the file that already exists there; choose Yes.

d) Restart the computer normally and replicate the Bitdefender 'unexpected error'.

e) While the error is on your screen, open this folder:

Locate the file supporttool inside this folder (it has a red icon), right click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'. Follow the on-screen instructions and check the box 'Try to reproduce the issue before submitting'. Click Next, select 'Error and Crash', click Next and after the crash occurs check the box 'I have reproduced the issue'. Click Next and wait for the progress bar to finish.

At the end, an archive will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*); send it to us attached to your reply or upload it on a file transfer site such as www.filemail.com and reply with the download link.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!

I have the same error

• I am having the same issue as everyone else here. i do not understand how this is still an issue. as this topic was created long ago. i paid money for this program i cannot use and the only fix is to follow a list of instructions posted by a tech? i feel like we should not have to do all of that just to use their product. i am so frustrated right now the last thing i want to do is go out of my way to fix a program i paid for.

• i dont know what to do with step 4 but i did the other 3 steps. attached the screen shots. the file in step 3 does not exist in either folder.

post-196675-1447001300_thumb.png

post-196675-1447001316_thumb.png

• masteriti
    edited November 2015
    Options

See attachment for #2. first dns timed out. second didn't.

#3: did not find the specified file in either folder. There's a bdnc.ini in bitdefender agent folder...that's it.

post-196681-1447003675_thumb.png

• Downloaded and installed Bitdefender 2016 Total Security. I was previously using avast, I removed it completely, restarted my machine and installed Bitdefender. Once I got to the login portion of bitdefender I was unable to register with my google account, it gave me an unexpected error, and verify internet connection. Internet connection was hard wired and good. I registered through the site, came back, rebooted, tried logging in again, same error. Repaired installation, rebooted, tried again, same error. I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, tried again, same error. I did not have another antivirus/malware installed while doing this, no firewall is active, not even windows. So that's where I'm currently at.

Machine: MSI GT70-20C

Connection: Oceanic Timewarner 300mbs throughput directly to AC1900 router

If you could point me in the direction of the logs than I can give them a once over and see what's up.

I'm having the same issue with BD Family Pack 2015 and upgrading to BDFP 2016. The only difference is when at the login step for activation, I'm entering in my email and password in the popup screen for Central, not google. But I get the same error. However I did all of the steps on my desktop PC and it worked perfect. I'm having the problem on my laptop.

• Just bought the antivirus today and I'm getting this error too. I can't log in.

• danspawn1985
    edited November 2015
    Options

I was having the sign-in problem as well, all I had to do to Sign-in was download the bdnc.ipv4 file and go to safe mode copy it into both the bitdefender 2016 and the bitdefender agent folders. I cannot guarantee it will work but it did for me. the file is on page 3 post #54 of this thread.

• Ok so I just called the customer support right now and they told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on it as we speak. They actually claim that they are almost done fixing the servers and told me that it should be resolved within a couple of hours.

I seriously hope they are right. Fingers crossed.

• Please follow the steps below which help us determine if the computer can connect to the Bitdefender cloud server.

1. type cmd inside the Search bar from Windows, then press Enter on your keyboard. It will open Command Prompt. Type the following commands inside the black command prompt window. Press Enter after each line:

ping bd.bdnc.net

Send us the output of these 2 commands. You can capture a screen shot of the results and attach it to your reply.

Capture a screenshot of the entire screen after trying to access http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/ and attach it to your reply as well.

3. Open these 2 folders:

4. Then:

a) Download my attachment (productagentservice.logger) and place it on your Desktop.

You will be asked if you want to replace the file that already exists there; choose Yes.

d) Restart the computer normally and replicate the Bitdefender 'unexpected error'.

Locate the file supporttool inside this folder (it has a red icon), right click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'. Follow the on-screen instructions and check the box 'Try to reproduce the issue before submitting'. Click Next, select 'Error and Crash', click Next and after the crash occurs check the box 'I have reproduced the issue'. Click Next and wait for the progress bar to finish.

At the end, an archive will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*); send it to us attached to your reply or upload it on a file transfer site such as www.filemail.com and reply with the download link.

Okay here is what I have, same issue as others, error trying to login, states that there is no Internet connection.

Images attached. Link to other files

Thanks for the help!!

post-196706-1447027389_thumb.png

post-196706-1447027429_thumb.png

• Ok so I just called the customer support right now and they told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on it as we speak. They actually claim that they are almost done fixing the servers and told me that it should be resolved within a couple of hours.

I seriously hope they are right. Fingers crossed.

I hope you're right because bitdefender is going to lose me as a customer after many years with them. I never had to deal with this crap until they started requiring this bitdefender central log in screen. It worked fine for years activating through the bitdefender program itself, I shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to get this to work and it still doesn't work....

• Anyone have any idea when this issue will be fixed? I just got a new windows 10 computer, and I'm not able to sign into the Bitdefender Central.

Does anyone know a work around to get this to work?

• Check with customer service, I could not get any information on when this issue will be resolved. It looks like it has been ongoing with no solution in sight.

All I keep getting is the issue will be resolved shortly. This does not help since it seems to have been going on since sept 11th this year.

• Check with customer service, I could not get any information on when this issue will be resolved. It looks like it has been ongoing with no solution in sight.

All I keep getting is the issue will be resolved shortly. This does not help since it seems to have been going on since sept 11th this year.

Bitdefender has promised this will be completely fixed in two hours at the most!!!

• Works for me now. Took them long enough.

• hoahai
    hoahai ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options

I got exactly this issue and was fighting with it for 2-3 hours and finally was able to make it work.

summary of the approach: Install Bitdefender 2015 then upgrade it to 2016.

Here is the steps that I did. I am not sure if the order is important but recommend you follow exact steps and order if you can:

1 - Create a NEW account in bitdefender Central, and ACTIVATE your license code there.

2 - Install Bitdefender 2015 for your Windows 10, using the below instruction:

http://goo.gl/Zy19lN

o Activate it with the code in step 1 locally on your machine only. DO NOT link/register it with the above account yet.

o Make sure that the Bitdefender 2015 works. The 2015 installation went flawlessly and worked for me without any issues. Many others also reported they switched back to 2015 because of this 2016 activation issue. So you should not have any issue to get 2015 work with Windows 10.

3- Now log in your BitDenfender Central with the account you created in Step 1.

4- Click the INSTALL BITDEFENDER button to download the 2016 version software and install it. Bitdefender should tell you that it has detected an old version and need to remove that version first:

o Select the first option that remove to install a new version. DO NOT select the option remove permanently so that the license info won't be removed

After that Bitdefender should remove the 2015 version, then restart you computer. When you log back in, it should resume the installation of the 2016 version. The installation should go smoothly and at the end you will see it turn to GREEN without any issue. It also linked to the your Bitdefender Central Account automatically.

If you log in your BD central account, u should see that your computer now appear in "My Devices" view.

Good Luck

• pozzo
    edited December 2015
    Options

I have the same error in a loop.

To top that up of Bitdefender Central does not let me login,and for one time it did let me login from Firefox it did not not migrate my serial .

What a huge failure it has been in India and abroad, the new BDIS 2016 subscription system. Breaking a perfectly good system.

post-34089-1450605841_thumb.png

post-34089-1450605854_thumb.png

post-34089-1450606169_thumb.png

• Hey guys I bought the Antivirus 2016 a week ago and ran into the same problem. Download completed and went to log into the app and it displayed with Unexpected error. After going through support (by email) they figured out the problem and it was the lack of the bdnc.dll folder in both the Bitdefender 2016 folder and the Bitdefender Agent that wouldn't let me connect to the cloud server. Was told to download a file, start windows in safe mode, put the file in the 2 folders, and restart normally. Works and I now have the product working. Honestly wasn't bad support service they usually responded in less than 24 hours and now the product works. Hope this helps some of you I attached the file they gave me.

Thank you for reporting back.

The connection to the Bitdefender cloud server is made through the file bdnc.ipv4 which in your case seems to be missing.

Please download first bdnc.ipv4 from my attachment. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and place bdnc.ipv4 in both folders:

Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

If the issue still persists, we will need the log requested in the previous email.

We are looking forward to your results.

I've downloaded the attachment and unfortunately it's jibber - can someone please send me the bdnc.ipv4 file?

Email: annelizedw@gmail.com

ping bd.bdnc.net

3. Open these 2 folders:

4. Then:

I have downloaded your attachment, but when opening it, I only get jibber. (XML file type).

• Hi All,

I had the same "unexpected error" whilst trying to login to Central. I created another account with a new email address. Fixed! Was able to activate with my original activation code and away we go.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.