Kaspersky Blocking Installation

Just purchased bitdefender internet security 2016. I was running kaspersky AV 2016. I have removed KAV, used regular uninstall, then the removal tool in safe mode. Now the bitdefender installer throws the following error.

post-195168-1444381664_thumb.png

Not sure what to do now there is no trace of KAV on my system but installer just won't proceed.

Comments

• Just purchased bitdefender internet security 2016. I was running kaspersky AV 2016. I have removed KAV, used regular uninstall, then the removal tool in safe mode. Now the bitdefender installer throws the following error.

post-195168-1444381664_thumb.png

Not sure what to do now there is no trace of KAV on my system but installer just won't proceed.

Please try to run the Kaspersky Uninstall Tool, reboot, and see if the issue is solved.

• You can delete from,program files of windows,locate kaspersky file and delete it.

• KAV does not exist on my system anywhere I can find it. I have already searched regedit, autoruns, obviously I have run the KAV cleanup tool in safe mode. Despite all of this the bitdefender installer insists it is there somehow.

What condition is it using to validate the existence of KAV?

You say I should delete something using file explorer what would that be exactly?

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭

Try these two registry locations. First one is 32 bit and the next is 64 bit.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

• Thanks but nothing there already looked.

• Did you get this resolved? If so, please share.

I am encountering the exact same issue and same slow response from customer support along with the "stock" email response of follow the installation instructions. Uh...yup...did that. Uninstalled KAV 2016. Verified no registry entries (found one reference to a KAV Updated that the uninstall did not remove but deleted it). Extremely frustrated and had been planning to install this on 3 pcs.

• I can't install Bitdefender either. I had Kaspersky a while back but uninstalled it some time ago. I also used the Kaspersky removal toot, still no luck. There are no Kaspersky registry entries. It shouldn't be this difficult. Please fix your installer.

• You can delete from,program files of windows,locate kaspersky file and delete it.

You are incorrect. That doesn't work. Nothing does. I've tried all the recommended removal tools, even after uninstalling Kaspersky in the normal manner. Ccleaner has no effect on this either. The Bitdefender install process is obviously flawed. Fortunately I tried the eval before purchasing it.

• I had the same problem, here is how i fixed it.

History:

i had Kaspersky internet security 2015 installed on windows 7 64 bit and upgraded to Windows 10 later on.

Download Kaspersky removal tool

Download Bit defender Uninstall Tool (Both for 2016 and 2015 Families)

Manually Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security (From Control panel)

Run Kaspersky Removal tool on all Product Matching the kaspersky product installed, in my case i had to run it 3 times on KIS 15, KIS 15 version 15.0.1, and KIS 15 version 15.0.2

Run bitdefender uninstall tool 2016

Run bitdefender uninstall tool 2015 and choose all products from dropdown list (important step, it also removes the bitdefender agent that the 2016 uninstall tool failed to remove)

reboot, and install bitdefender internet security 2016, this worked for me, i hope it will work for you.

• You can also try with CCleaner (free) that removes not-linked files and checks for the registry consistency...