Upgrade From Total Security 2015 To 2016

I just upgraded my 3 laptops from Total Security 2015 to 2016. I tried following the online instructions, but they didn't work.

I called customer service 3 times and finally got a method that works. All 3 computers have Windows 7 64bit.

I had to uninstall Total Security 2015 from all computers per online instructions.

I then had to log into my central account and then upgrade my license with my 2015 license code per online instructions.

I next had to click on my subscription and plus sign to add each computer.

I next had to install Total Security 2016 on each computer.

THIS was the new part to make it work.

Each computer then asked me for my license key. My old license key no longer worked.

When I couldn't enter my license key, I got a message that my subscription had expired and I had to buy it.

When I click again to load the software from my GUI, I got a screen that indicated I needed to add a license code, buy it, or switch accounts.

I clicked on switch accounts and logged in again to my central account. The Total Security 2016 then recognized my license and started working.

Warning: Now all my computers have this very annoying popup that keeps asking to login to my central account that I can't stop.

Comments

• Warning: Now all my computers have this very annoying popup that keeps asking to login to my central account that I can't stop.

Hiya,

Yes, I had that problem with one of my computers that I re-installed TS 2016 on yesterday, so annoying that I uninstalled BD again. My other two devices have no such problems.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Yes, I had that problem with one of my computers that I re-installed TS 2016 on yesterday, so annoying that I uninstalled BD again. My other two devices have no such problems.

Ro.

I followed the upgrade instructions, downloaded 2016 version OK but all my previous account details have gone and when I try to re-enter or create new account information I am being cut off after about 3 seconds each time. I cannot activate my key for the same reason. Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem PLEASE

• Dear BD team and forum posters,

I wanted to upgrade from BD IS 2015 to 2016 and therefore converted the license under Central to a subscription and downloaded the installer. The following scenarios have occured:

(Please note that I'm in germany and have a german OS)

1. Installer for 64Bit in German started but canceled due to an error (installation has stopped working)

2. Restarted the installation -> Error Message: Package is for 32bit OS and not suitable for your 64bit OS.

3. Agent uninstalled and downloaded again via Central -> the same error as in point 2

4. Agent uninstalled again and Removal Tool started -> completed with errors, reboot required

5. After Reboot started reinstalling -> program suddenly only in English and hung up again

6. Agent removed + BD Uninstall Tool (again with errors) + Download BD IS 2015 Kit for W10 in 64Bit from the german Forum -> started Installation -> NOT BD IS2015 but again BD 2016 in english .....

Conclusion: BD 2016 is after ~8 attempts still not installed. I'm loosing my mind here guys.

Please provide an offline installer. With every installation attempt, BD is downloading the files again and again and again ......

• Hi,

Ref. point #2, that occurs when all the files have not been removed and the recommendation is to run the BD un-install tool in Windows safe mode to ensure everything is removed. Also separetly ensure the BD Agent is uninstalled. If you have a separate on-line installation link, use that and link it to BD Central when it is downloaded - that's the way I did it as d/l from Central did not work.

Ro.

• Worked for me. THX RO.

Posting link to the fix also in german forum.