Win 10 Bd2016 Does Not Disable Windows Defender

bitmik
edited October 2015 in Install & activation

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 and 2016 does not disable windows defender. On 2 systems after upgrading to win 10. (3rd system on win8.1 does not have this problem).

- upgraded to 2016, same problem, uninstalled and used removal tool and then installed 2016 again, problem still there, Tried disabling autopilot, problem still there.

- Same problem on both systems. Does not happen on my 3rd win 8.1 system. Did sfc scan/ dism scan no errors.

- At the end of it all I uninstalled bd2016 and put avast free. No problems, disables windows defender. Even tried nod32 without activating the trial license and still it also disabled windows defender

Posted screens below:

post-195847-1445642624_thumb.png

with avast on, no other software:

post-195847-1445642649_thumb.png

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your concern.

After following up on your ticket 2015102421340001 I could see that my colleagues requested a support tool log that we haven't received yet; that log's purpose was to investigate the cause of the issue and to provide a quick fix for it.

Please reinstall Bitdefender 2016 and then, should Windows Defender remain enabled at the end of the setup please follow the steps explained in this knowledge-base article and reply with the result:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

We are looking forward to your reply.

• Hi

I had the same problem (Windows 10 64 bit BIS 2016)

As a result I looked up on the web how to disable Windows Defender.

Here are the instructions that I followed:

For Windows 10

To Turn On or Off Windows Defender

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

DisableAntiSpyware DWORD

0 = On

1 = Off

This worked for me - i.e. it disabled Windows Defender.