Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bug - Windows 10 Vt-x Blocked By Bitdefender

Options

Ever since i started using Windows 10, i'm having major issues running virtual machines. Some web searches showed that Bitdefender is known to block vt-x and i can confirm that uninstalling bitdefender fixed my issues.

When Bitdefender is installed Virtual Box is giving me this error:

VT-x is being used by another hypervisor (VERR_VMX_IN_VMX_ROOT_MODE)

Another visualization program i tried was VMWare, which gave a more cryptic error, but failed just like Virtual Box.

Since it is possible to run both VirtualBox and VMWare at the same time, that is if bitdefender isn't installed, it should be possible to use vt-x and NOT block all other applications from using it. PLEASE DO THAT. FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. THANKS...

Comments

• Same error here. Had to uninstall bitdefender in order to use virtualbox.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Ever since i started using Windows 10, i'm having major issues running virtual machines. Some web searches showed that Bitdefender is known to block vt-x and i can confirm that uninstalling bitdefender fixed my issues.

When Bitdefender is installed Virtual Box is giving me this error:

VT-x is being used by another hypervisor (VERR_VMX_IN_VMX_ROOT_MODE)

Another visualization program i tried was VMWare, which gave a more cryptic error, but failed just like Virtual Box.

Since it is possible to run both VirtualBox and VMWare at the same time, that is if bitdefender isn't installed, it should be possible to use vt-x and NOT block all other applications from using it. PLEASE DO THAT. FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. THANKS...

It could be that Bitdefender is turning off VT or blocking it from being enabled. You might want to try this.

Start the System go to BIOS settings (If you don't know how to go to BIOS settings check with your computer's mfg to see how to get there on your computer)

Advanced/Device Configurations

Enable VT

If that works restart your system normally and see if vt-x can be loaded. Please post back as to the results. Thanks