Safepay And Hot Spot Protection

At my Royal Bank site (http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/online-services), I am unable to get Hot Spot Protection. I have opted for HSP to be ON in my settings. Why is this? :unsure: I am using Firefox as my Browser, if this makes any difference, but it didn't work under Internet Explorer either. I should add that it worked just fine up until I downloaded Windows 10.

I have another thread going which concerns Bookmarking in Safepay and am hoping for SOMEONE to give me an answer: no luck so far! :wacko:

As I requested in my Bookmark thread, please answer this HSP/RBC question using kindergarten terms and words. I'm learning. :blink:

Thank you so much.

Comments

• http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/...e-en_EN-web.pdf

Hiya,

Section #25 has the information on Safepay and HotSpot protection. Have a look through and see if that answers your questions. :)

Ro.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    At my Royal Bank site (http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/online-services), I am unable to get Hot Spot Protection. I have opted for HSP to be ON in my settings. Why is this? :unsure: I am using Firefox as my Browser, if this makes any difference, but it didn't work under Internet Explorer either. I should add that it worked just fine up until I downloaded Windows 10.

I have another thread going which concerns Bookmarking in Safepay and am hoping for SOMEONE to give me an answer: no luck so far! :wacko:

As I requested in my Bookmark thread, please answer this HSP/RBC question using kindergarten terms and words. I'm learning. :blink:

Thank you so much.

Hotpot protection means that, *if* we detect that you current connection is insecure (for example, an unsecured Wifi, open Wifi), then we will create a secure connection using VPN to Bitdefender VPN server. That means your entire communication will (1) be encrypted and (2) will go thru our servers, not thru the insecure channel we detected.

This connection, once succesfully created, will last for the entire Safepay session (assuming no error occurs and the connection will drop).

You will notice the Green mark icon in the top right (if the connection is successful) or the red sign (if not successful).

Now, assuming there is no temporary error (such as the VPN server in maintenance, the connection not realized due to some network error), the secure connection *not* dialed means we detect that your network is not insecure, and therefore there is no need to connect thru VPN.

There is no possibility to activate VPN manually, say, if user wants to be connected to our server no matter if he/she performs sensitive operations or not (we have no way of knowing it at the beginning). (The secure connection might also get abused if we let such possibility open, but I'm not ruling out the idea - it's just something management said it should be done in this way).

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to the message.

(It might take some time until I will reply since I'm not doing support - I'm doing development).

Cristian