Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Install Antivirus Plus 2016 - Nothing Happens

ZeArucard
edited February 2016 in Install & activation

Hi

Basically my problem is that after clicking the install file absolutely nothing happens, and i mean nothing. No error message, bluescreen or anything whatsoever. There is a 0.5 sec 'work in progress' cursor and that's about it. Yes i have all my previous AV soft unistalled, yes i am running it as admin, i even disabled firewall and windows defender, i dont have MSE installed. Tried rebooting as well but doesn't help.

After the 'install' process something actually installs since when i go to control panel>uninstalling i can see BD agent there. Removed that crap multiple times and doesn't change anything.

Any help? I have windows 7 64 bit.

Oh, funny enough when i tried the compatibility version for vista/xp install file actually did work fine, just didn't go through telling me i dont have proper windows.

Regards, Peter

Comments

• Have you tried with a backup (antecedent), thanks.

• Hi Peter,

Please uninstall all the other security solutions (if any) then run this Bitdefender 2016 uninstall tool:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

- access the link and when the window with the Bitdefender file appears, please choose the 'Save' option

- save (download) the tool on the PC first

- right-click on it and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator'

- click on 'Uninstall', then restart the computer when prompted.

Note: this process will take about 10 minutes to complete. Only restart the computer when it asks you to.

After Windows restarts try again to install Bitdefender with a new kit freshly downloaded from Central. Right click on the kit and select Run as Administrator.

Let us know if the issue is resolved.

• Hi

No this did not help. Thanks

It's been already 10 days with no help whatsoever, can i at least get a refund ? No response to ticket as well. Top notch customer service.