Bitdefender Central -- Unauthorized Merging New Subscription

I have an existing subscription for 3 laptops (previous 1/1 2015 subscription updated to 2016 and 3/0). I used it to install bitdefender on my laptop, my wife's and my older child's.

I decided to install bit defender on a 4th laptop. Since I only had a subscription for 3, I bought a new subscription for 1 additional computer (I did not buy an update to my previous 2015 subscription but a brand new 2016 one) and added it to my Central account when prompted to do so (activation email).

In Central, instead of creating a new 1-year subscription (0/1) for 1 additional laptop, in addition to my existing 2-years subscription for 3 laptops (3/3), Central merged the two subscriptions together, cancelled my subscription for the existing two laptops, created a single subscription for 1 laptop for 2,022 days (??!) and assigned it to my laptop. The two other laptops are now unprotected and obviously I can't install bitdefender on my 4th laptop.

How can I solve this mess? Central is not supposed to merge subscriptions. Subscriptions are supposed to be merged only if one calls IT support. In practice, Central seems to merge everything.

I called IT support -- the support staff could not understand the issue (he thought I was calling to merge the subscriptions and had trouble understanding my request -- possibly due to the fact that the troubleshooting ****** available to him might only have one option--merger of subscription--as Central is not supposed to automatically merge subscriptions).

Central seems to be a pre-release beta version. This is not a 1.0 saas service as of yet.

Is there a way out or work around?

Comments

• Is there a way out or work around?
    No, is not possible.
  • Bitdefender's IT support in India can only work per the scripts they have been provided -- and Bitdefender has not provided them a ****** dealing with an unauthorized merger of subscriptions. They can't handle a situation that is not covered by an existing ******. They are totally useless.

In order to solve my immediate problem, i.e. un-merge the subscriptions, I had to agree to pay Bitdefender 30 days back for each device added back to my account -- a total of 90 days.

This is crazy--I have to pay Bitdefender to un-merge subscriptions that Central merged without authorization.

This is ransomware!

In order to get my 90 days back, I'll have to spend more time with their commercial staff... in India? Looking forward to giving my business to a US company that employs competent customer support staff.

• Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.