[FaD] Bitdefender Agent Tray Icon Appears After A Very Long Time

When I reboot or start my computer (WIndows 10 x64), Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 appears to work pretty normal but the tray icon appears after a very long time (2 - 3 minutes). Strange... :blink:

Comments

• Most probably you have a lot of programs that run automatically when you turn on the PC.

Try running Windows in clean boot leaving only Microsoft and Bitdefender services enabled. Let us know if the Bitdefender system tray icon loads faster this way. If it does, you can try to delay or disable the launch for some of the startup programs.

• rafgath
    edited February 2016

Same situation here. Today I reinstalled Win 10 64bit PRO (clean installation) twice because of this and every time the tray Icon appears after 1-2 min unlike other icons that appear right away after system started. I have installed only Win 10+updates and Bitdefender IS 2016

• rafgath
    edited February 2016

I reinstalled windows once again and after all updates my system started in 16sec then I installed Bitdefender Total Security only and the start-up process has increased to 60 sec.

It means that the Bitdefender icon shows around 1 min after other icons (OneDrive and NVidia) and in meantime I don't have access to internet.

• rafgath
    edited February 2016

Below I am attaching two links showing the problem.

• I wrote about your issues here guys. I have just the same problem from yesterday. Check Startup tab in Task Manager, there are no any Bitdefender services so that's why Bit is loaded so long. I had to use Regedit to put Bitdfender Agent and Wallet Agent is Startup bar and now everything is good! I think that it's a bug..

• I wrote about your issues here guys. I have just the same problem from yesterday. Check Startup tab in Task Manager, there are no any Bitdefender services so that's why Bit is loaded so long. I had to use Regedit to put Bitdfender Agent and Wallet Agent is Startup bar and now everything is good! I think that it's a bug..

You might be right but could someone from Bitdefender Support confirm this and tell us how to proper put this into registry or create a new build of the application to download.

• You might be right but could someone from Bitdefender Support confirm this and tell us how to proper put this into registry or create a new build of the application to download.

I wrote in Support today. There is no answer yet...

• To put this options in Startup:

1)Write regedit in Windows Search Bar and run it from admin.

2)Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Run

3) Create there a new String Value. Name it Bitdefender Agent. Then right clicking on this value and select Modify. In the Value Data write "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\bdagent.exe" and press OK.

4) Create the same value there, but name it Bitdefender Wallet Agent. Do the same, but in the value data write "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\bdwtxag.exe" and press OK then.

5)Close Regedit and check Startup in Task Manager. There should be Bitdefender Agent and Bitdefendr Wallet Agent.

P.S. Perhaps in Startup should be any more Bitdefender services , I do not remember what was there, but Wallet And Agent will start fine with these two. And I agree with you that Support should fix it, bacause not everyone will be able to manually add them using Regedit.

post-191980-1455216239_thumb.png

post-191980-1455216243_thumb.png

• It's a mistery. I have two computers (Windows 10 x64) with freshly installed BD 2016. The issue applies only to one computer. :blink:

Probably the installation process runs incorrectly. But why?

• There is easier solution just make a shortcut for bdwtxag and bdagent and then copy them to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp and everything back to normal.

• Also having the same problem recently, used to be straight away after login but like others said it launches 60 seconds later.

Was working fine earlier, but happens after a fresh Windows 10 install and a fresh Bitdefender install from using Bitdefender Central.

Noticed no startup entries for BitDefender :blink:

I will add them manually as others have done for now and remove them when an official fix is done.

• I have the same Problem. When i start the BitDefender GUI via clicking the BitDefender Icon on my desktop the tray icon will appear immediatly.

There should be a fast solution from the support

• Just did a reinstall of bitdefender, now I have this issue too...

• There must be a problem with the last build. I am wondering when someone from Bitdefender support respond here.

• Hello,

Bitdefender 2016 functions as designed (FaD).

Starting with the latest build version 20.0.25.1377 'bdagent.exe' no longer starts automatically from the Run registry key. In Task Scheduler Bitdefender Agent is now scheduled to start 1 minute after boot. Ergo, the 'Awake' popup and the system tray icon appear a little bit later. This is expected behavior.

We hope this answers your questions and addresses your concerns.

• Hello,

some users have even noticed that the BitDefender Agent Included Tray simbol and the password manager start now delayed. As Us by the support, this behavior is desired. but I wonder where the meaning is? By the missing information symbol, one now has no real control more if BitDefender is working properly. Also, the rapid update of the virus databases via right click on the icon is no longer possible. The password manager is also only delayed (and I mean more than the specified minute) available. but I log fairly quickly after startup in websites and need accordingly the password manager. If I have to wait for the password manager, it is for me almost nutzlos.Why not ask BitDefender previously what we want users. And why announces BitDefender these changes are not in first. So we were first users confused and thought of an error ...

• OK, "functions as designed", I understand. But... for heaven's sake, why? What for, what is the reason? :blink:

I don't doubt that maybe there is some important reason, but what is it?

• planet
    edited February 2016

The biggest problem I have with this is that the password prompt for the wallet is no longer instant, so no matter the setting (launch on startup or launch when browser open), I can't use my wallet until the delay is complete on start up.

I turn on my PC, Windows boot's up, I launch my browser and I wish to go to a website that needs my login from Bitdefender Wallet.

I now need to sit and wait 20 - 30 seconds for the password window to appear.

Also, the startup optimiser feature now seems to counts the 60 second delay, so no matter what we do, it thinks the boot time is one minute longer than the actual boot time. I could be wrong about this though.

Is there a way to launch the wallet prompt on startup as usual (so you can keep the agent delay as intended for some reason)?

• Just put the bdwxtag into the autostart as shown as here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=68419

Greetings

Olli

• Just put the bdwxtag into the autostart as shown as here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=68419

Greetings

Olli

Thanks Olli, I was aware about the manual startup entry but was asking about an 'official' automatic resolution for the wallet issue to be fixed.

• Same Issue here!

More than One minute password manager start up delay?! ...Really unacceptable!

This discussion has been closed.