Profile - Game And Standard

My profile seems to have switched from Standard to Game.

What's the difference? Why one over the other?

How or why would it have switched? I'm not aware of having done anything to change it.

Comments

• No one knows?

• Hi,

Open the GUI, go into Modules (bottom left) and then Tools. In Profiles are you allowing Autopilot to manage your profiles? If so un-check the box, go back to the main GUI and reset the profile to Standard. I do not use the "Let autopilot manage my profiles", I prefer to set the profile manually.

Sometimes applications, programs and even the browser you use can set the profile incorrectly so if you can find which it is please report it to Bitdefender so they can sort it out.

Ro.

• If I turn of "Let Autopilot manage..." under the tools I can manually set it it Standard from the dropdown menu. Thank You.

When "Let Autopilot..." is unchecked in Tools it still shows as being active in the opening UI, just to the left of the profile type. Are these two different Autopilots?

If I turn Autopilot back on in Tools BD will immediately revert to Game. The Autopilot button in the UI seems completely on it's own in this respect.

I've never changed any of those before. Don't know the advantage of one profile type over the others. We need a little more info to make a reasonable decision about which profile is best for our needs.

Also, BD really allows games (which I never play), apps, or the browser to change BD settings? This really seems like a bad idea, and contrary to why we need protection in the first place. Could you expand on this? What do you mean when you say "an application, program or browser can set the profile incorrectly"?

I've had perf issues on these particular machine, from the checking links spinners stuck spinning to the fact that the updates every hour are taking a long time to complete. Might these be related to the profile being set by apps that shouldn't be allowed to change things? (issues I tried opening tickets for, but never got any responses back, canned auto-responses or otherwise)

I'm trying learn and understand how things work and what to expect. The more I know the less I'm likely to be a pest on the forum.

• Autopilot will be active, just not changing things automatically for you.

Many of your questions can be answered by the User Guide. Have a look through and if you still have questions post again - and no, you are not being a pest, the forum is here for help. :)

http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/media/materials/2016/userguides/en_EN/Bitdefender-2016-InternetSecurity-Userguide-en_EN-web.pdf

• open the modules and then tools. in profiles are you allowed autopilot to manage your profile.