Periodic Scan Not Running On Schedule

Installed bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 on my brand new PC yesterday. The only modification to the default settings I made was to:

• Click Modules
  • Click Manage Scans
  • Click System Scan
  • Turn on Schedule
  • clicked Periodically
  • set Starting time to 1:47 AM
  • Repeat every 1 day

then click Quick Scan

• Turn on Schedule
  • clicked Periodically
  • set Starting time to 5:00 AM
  • Repeat every 1 day
Today at around 1:20 PM (note, that's PM, not AM) the Bitdefender window appeared as it started running a system scan.

I do not want the scan to run while I'm using the computer.

Why did it ignore my scheduled settings?

Second question

On each of the Scan Option windows (both Quick Scan and System Scan), there is a section called Scan targets which lists My computer and the disk drives.

There are little square boxes that look like I should be able to click to put a check in the box but mouse clicking in this section does nothing. So I have no way of knowing what it's going to scan.

Running Windows 10 Pro
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Deb2015,

Please make sure you remove any other security solution on the machine to avoid any interference.

Also please disable the Profiles, and tell me if the issue still persists.

Bitdefender > Modules > Tools > Profiles

As for the 2nd question, the Quick Scan and System Scan depicted there are just templates and cannot be changed. If you wish to setup a Custom Scan you will need to click on New Custom Task and set it up.

• Thank you Sorin G.

There are no other security solutions on this PC unless there is something embedded in Windows 10 that I don't know about. I've reviewed everything that's installed via Control Panel and there are no other security products. I'll include a screen shot of everything that's installed (note, it's a brand new computer so the list is relatively short)

I have disabled the profiles and will wait to see if that solves the problem.

Regarding Quick Scan and System Scan. I understand they are templates but I assume they actually do something, right? But what do they scan? since none of the boxes are checked I have no idea what they are scanning.

It would be illogical for BitDefender to release software that does not actually scan anything at all as a default. So I assume it does scan something. But I can't tell from the page what it's scanning.

Can you tell me what they actually scan?

post-190147-0-71590000-1464023031_thumb.png

• The product scans automatically, without you even having to open the interface.

Every time you open the machine, the early boot scan option makes sure every loading application is safe.

Every time you open a file the On Access Scan makes sure that file is safe.

Every time something moves on the machine itself the Active Threat Control and Intrusion Detection system takes a look to ensure safety.

The manual Scans and the Custom Scans are there if you want to run a immediate scan, never hurts to double check.