Bitdefender Net Usage

mhimhdi
edited January 2016 in General

I installed Bitdefender Anti Plus 2015 on my PC about 2 months ago. Everything was OK.

Last week I was downloading a file in IDM. After several minutes I stopped downloading file, but I saw IDM still uses my bandwidth, while there was not any download in progress.

I uninstalled Bitdefender antivirus and I saw that IDM works Normally.

I tested Bitdefender 2016, but that is has problem like 2015 version.

Bitdefender has problem with Flashget and Firefox, too.

Comments

• ntvolli
    edited January 2016

Good to know that I am not the only one. The problem is that BitDefender maintains the connections to the servers open. The connections have the status FIN_WAIT2. The vsserv.exe not ended the connections to the cloud. So the available bandwidth is always getting lower. There is a tool from Sysinternals TCPView, with which you can view the connections. The problem is caused by the on-access scanner and not from the firewall. (I myself have only AntiVirus plus). The problem has existed for much longer. You can here in the forum times for the term search "Ghost traffic".

• Good to know that I am not the only one. The problem is that BitDefender maintains the connections to the servers open. The connections have the status FIN_WAIT2. The vsserv.exe not ended the connections to the cloud. So the available bandwidth is always getting lower. There is a tool from Sysinternals TCPView, with which you can view the connections. The problem is caused by the on-access scanner and not from the firewall. (I myself have only AntiVirus plus). The problem has existed for much longer. You can here in the forum times for the term search "Ghost traffic".

How can I resolve the problem?

• hi!

i have same problem!

How can we resolve the problem?

thanks

• only by waiting until the connections has closed by itself (but that could be last a long time...) or by closing the connections using the tcpview.exe from sysinternals ( just open tcpview an do a right-click in the connection with the status fin_wait2). Then choose "close connection"

• mgplayer
    edited March 2016

i love BD but

i have problem how fix ???

when i stop idm I saw IDM still uses my bandwidth

<_<

i have bd 2015 total security

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

This area of our forums concerns only Bitdefender 2016 products.

If you are still using Bitdefender 2015 please upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2016 by following this guideline:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-upgrade-for-free-from-an-older-version-to-bitdefender-2016-1479.html

Should the ghost traffic persist, check if your router comes with integrated firewall and turn it off (if any).

Let us know how is everything going.

• ntvolli
    edited June 2016

Sorry, but that is just nonsens.

The bug with the ghost traffic is cause by the trafficlight module. Try to rename the bdtl.dll in bdtl._dl and the bug is away. The support himself gave me that hint with the trafficlight dll. But the bug was not fixed yet...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Sorry, but that is just nonsens.

The bug with the ghost traffic is cause by the trafficlight module. Try to rename the bdtl.dll in bdtl._dl and the bug is away. The support himself gave me that hint with the trafficlight dll. But the bug was not fixed yet...

Hi olli,

This is just a workaround which disabled altogether the traffic light module in Bitdefender.

Does the issue replicate on your computer even with Bitdefender 2016? If the answer is positive I need the ticket ID received when you contacted Bitdefender support to do a follow-up on your case and see what happened on our end.

Thank you very much, looking forward to hearing from you.