[Fixed] Central Login Popup

Micr0ft
edited June 2016 in Central

With the latest Bitdefender update, I keep getting this annoying signin box popping up to login to Bitdefender central (see screenshot). I'm already logged in and no matter how many times I log in, this box keeps popping up.

Is this another bitdefender bug? Getting a bit tired with all the issues with this software of late.

post-201585-0-25417300-1465912680_thumb.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Micr0ft,

Please let me know what Bitdefender build is installed on your machine.

/index.php?showtopic=69719" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=69719

• Micr0ft
    edited June 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Build is: 20.0.28.1478.

Thanks.

post-201585-0-90431700-1465914420_thumb.png

• Hello,

Please tell me if you have any web helpers installed, McAfee webassist or AVG/Avira Web Protection ? If yes please uninstall them from your system.

If you click on sign in and then login into your Central account does the page reappear afterwards ?

• Same here, and same build.

So annoying...

• Micr0ft
    edited June 2016

Hello,

Please tell me if you have any web helpers installed, McAfee webassist or AVG/Avira Web Protection ? If yes please uninstall them from your system.

If you click on sign in and then login into your Central account does the page reappear afterwards ?

&

No, I don't have any installed, and yes, it keeps asking me to login again after i've logged in. It's just looping every 15-20 mins or so.

• Clappie
    edited June 2016

I am having the same Pop'ups here. Really annoying, please fix it!

Same version, and I don't have any of those helpers installed either.

If this is not fixed today, I am probably just going to uninstall Bitdefender, even though I still have 300 days left.

• Hello,

So, do you know when we can expect a hotfix for this? As it is really annoying having it pop up 4 times an hour.

The more you can keep us up to date on how you are going about fixing it, when and who the better. I just want to know that you ARE trying to fix it at this very moment.

• Agreed! It really is bugging me now and I can't turn it off. Keeps popping up when I'm working and it's really hindering my productivity. Happening to everyone in the office every 15 mins or so and there's like 60 PC's.

A hotfix/update would be very welcomed right now!

•  

Hello Micr0ft,

Please let me know what Bitdefender build is installed on your machine.

/index.php?showtopic=69719" title="" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=69719

Any news on a fix? I'm going to have to uninstall Bitdefender soon, I can't bear these popups any longer!

• Hello everybody,

The situation has been sent to our development team and they are working on resolving it.

In the meantime I would advise doing a fresh reinstall, uninstall using the Uninstall Tool and then reinstalling from Central ensuring you get the latest Agent.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

Let me know if by reinstalling the pop-ups go away.

• Hello,

I had the same problem.

I tried the reinstallation, i had difficulties trying to connect to central: it was all white, no text appeared to connect.

After trying to link my account some other ways. I got connected and still don't have a popup window that appeared.

But I didn't reboot PC yet.

Will give more info "if pop-up appears" after.

• Hello Soulja,

Thank you for your feedback.

The white Central window is a completely different situation, that can be resolved by simply updating your IE.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

• Hello Sorin,

How many times needed to recover the issue?? It is really annoying us.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited June 2016

Hello Sh.tutul1982,

Firstly please keep in mind that this is a forum and Spam is not tolerated.

The situation has been resolved, you should no longer encounter this situation.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

The Bitdefender pop-up was fixed server-side. Please sign-in to your Central account from that pop-up, then restart the computer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• It's not popping up at me anymore. It finally let me log into the pop-up, and it's been a few hours since. Haven't gotten the pop up again.

• McCartyRL
    edited June 2016

Hello all,
    The Bitdefender pop-up was fixed server-side. Please sign-in to your Central account from that pop-up, then restart the computer.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

What if your pop up is blank - do you have to re-enable Internet Explorer to see the content ?

What if your pop up is blank - do you have to re-enable Internet Explorer to see the content ?

I installed IE-11 and the Bitdefender window showed text allowing me to login. Hopefully, this resolves this issue.
  • I must not upgrade IE. Anything I can do to get rid of popup? Can I somehow login to Central from FF or Chrome to stop the popup? And why do I need to login in the first place? Your agent already knows everything about me...

And please don't tell me I have to upgrade IE because I will not. I have some local application (actually an administration portal for a device) which does not work from new IE (no compatibility mode is compatible enough), so upgrade is out of question.

Thank you.

• Hello,

@Srdjanb At this time only the IE 10 engine is available.

• What's the point of logging in _again_? When I open user interface of BD, it shows my e-mail address, it shows number of days (102 as of now) so it knows who I am. When I click on "Go to BitDefender Central", it opens my account and I am already logged in. So, why are you forcing me to login again in the first place? I will not install IE10, I will rather uninstall BD.