Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 16 - Preventing Bd From Doing Non Security Stuff

Options

I am half way through the trial. Moving from Norton. One of the reasons I moved from Norton is because I do not want the security product to monkey around with anything other than security. I do not want any performance tweaking, disk de-fragmenting or changing my performance settings (display luminosity..) based on battery charge. I do not even want a popup box telling me that the battery is low. The system takes care of it for me.

How do I disable the non-security functionality in TS16 ?

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

I am half way through the trial. Moving from Norton. One of the reasons I moved from Norton is because I do not want the security product to monkey around with anything other than security. I do not want any performance tweaking, disk de-fragmenting or changing my performance settings (display luminosity..) based on battery charge. I do not even want a popup box telling me that the battery is low. The system takes care of it for me.

How do I disable the non-security functionality in TS16 ?

Hello,

Bitdefender products in general are not bloated with unwanted non security features.

If you turn off the autopilot, Bitdefender won't change your profiles when you open apps or games. Hence no additional tweaking.

Or if you want autopilot to be working then you can uncheck "Let autopilot manage your profiles" under BD GUI --> Modules --> Tools --> Profiles. Your profiles won't be changed even if autopilot is enabled.

To turn off the low battery notification open Bitdefender GUI --> Modules --> Tools --> Profiles --> Battery Mode --> uncheck battery mode

• TLL
    Options

Hello,

Bitdefender products in general are not bloated with unwanted non security features.

If you turn off the autopilot, Bitdefender won't change your profiles when you open apps or games. Hence no additional tweaking.

Or if you want autopilot to be working then you can uncheck "Let autopilot manage your profiles" under BD GUI --> Modules --> Tools --> Profiles. Your profiles won't be changed even if autopilot is enabled.

To turn off the low battery notification open Bitdefender GUI --> Modules --> Tools --> Profiles --> Battery Mode --> uncheck battery mode

Thank you. I had already turned off autopilot. I have just turned off the battery notification.

Thank you again.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

WOWWW!

I have BDTS 2016, on a desk top PC, due for renewal soon. I never, until now, knew about these "settings". Went there, did that.

Thank you for sharing.