Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can I Use Avast And Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016

I am using Avast Antivirus software, I have installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016,

can i use both of them together, will it conflict or slow down my computer.

Meena

Tagged:

Comments

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

I am using Avast Antivirus software, I have installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016,

can i use both of them together, will it conflict or slow down my computer.

Meena

From my own, very limited experience, it's never advisable to enable more than ONE only Antivirus.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Meena:

Bitdefender does not recommend the use of a second anti-virus application. You are asking for slowdowns, conflicts, and all kinds of weird computer behavior.

See this post over at Bleeping Computer, by one their foremost security experts, Quietman7, on why it is advisable to only have one anti-virus application. You can supplement your anti-virus application with an anti-malware application, and an anti-exploit application, if you so choose, and they will generally play nicely with each other, particularly if "exceptions" are added to the anti-virus and the anti-malware application. Personally I use Bitdefender Total Security 2016, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, with exceptions configured and I don't have any issues.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor