Bitdefender for Mac Uninstalling itself

Okay everyone. I was finally able to get Bitdefender for Mac reinstalled the other day after using the uninstaller in the utilities section. Now, one day later, the Bitdefender program does not show up on startup and does not even show up when going to Launchpad; it's like it was never installed. What gives? I wonder if this has something to do with BOX? I also noticed that Bitdefender Central wasn't showing the install? It was just the other day.

Comments

• Hello,

If the product doesn't appear on your machine I would suggest Uninstalling it completely.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1687.html

Afterwards rebooting the MAC under Safe Mode, most likely some permissions need to be fixed (safe mode will repair them automatically)

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14204?locale=en_US

After this, simply restart your Mac without pressing anything else and it will, by default, start in normal mode and reinstall from Central ensuring you download the latest pkg.

• Sorin. I think I might have stumbled upon the reason for BD Mac Uninstalling. 

I run boot camp Windows 10. Win10 has BD installed and works like a charm, but when I reboot into Mac OSX, BD is gone on the OSX side. Is this a problem even if BD is on two separate partitions? 

• Hello,

No, there shouldn't be any such problems.

Are you able to see the program like in the picture below ?

avfm locations.PNG

• Yes, Sir. No Icon in the Launchpad and the BitDefender Icon that was in the App bar turned into a big question mark. No where to find the Bitdefender Control panel.Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 1.49.46 PM.png

Actually. I just noticed the AVP folder does not exist, unlike your screen capture. Any idea what would cause that folder to be removed?

Thanks

• Sorin,

Went ahead and used the uninstaller and then went back into BD Central to download the AV program. As you will see, the AVP folder is back, the console has returned, and I received an indication that the program was updated. I will restart in Bootcamp and come back to the OS X side to see if it remains.Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 2.13.27 PM.png

• Same here. using Windows pc

Im just a 2nd year user of bit defender.

i bought a 3 pc license bitdefender

i installed it recently on feb. 2017

and

this month the bitdefender antivirus, just vanish on 1 pc,

but the bitdefender agent is still present,

when im trying to uninstall bit defender agent, it has  an error

stating that bit internet security is still installed and must be uninstalled first.

So i try to find the bit  internet security , still cannot find the folder or the application itself,

so i download the bit uninstall tool on  the internet,

Maybe, the bitdefender has an error and not stable antivirus.

PS,  i had 3 pc for my business,  I just check recently 1 of the pc, and the bit antivirus is gone

and thats how  i got dissapointed on this product