Antimalware Scan Service

What is Antimalware Scan Service? (Settings -> General)

Difference from Protection Module - Antivirus?

Regards

Comments

• It should be ASMI, A Microsoft Interface improve Antivrius software‘s ability to detect theats,

• 2 hours ago, ccboxes said:

It should be ASMI, A Microsoft Interface improve Antivrius software‘s ability to detect theats,

Bitdefender improved my Microsoft :) It's funny...

• Vitalik1993
    edited September 2016

2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

So is that a part of Windows Defender or it's something different? Is that neccesary to use this option or no? And what could happen if I disable it?

• Hello,

That is a API that allows Windows or other installed applications to scan items using the installed AV.

A good example is Edge (since were talking about Windows), At the end of a download it runs a security scan, with this API that security scan will be ran through Bitdefender.

• 1 minute ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

That is a API that allows Windows or other installed applications to scan items using the installed AV.

A good example is Edge (since were talking about Windows), At the end of a download it runs a security scan, with this API that security scan will be ran through Bitdefender.

OK, But what happen if I disable this option? Does that mean that Bitdefender won't work anymore? Or it will work with restrictions?

• Hello,

It will not link itself using that API, it has nothing to do with the rest of the modules.

• 6 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

It will not link itself using that API, it has nothing to do with the rest of the modules.

Thanks, I'll leave this option enabled. I'll better let Bitdefender to protect my PC than Microsoft...

• Unknown
    edited October 2016

Is this about Windows 10?  1151?  1604??  Sorry to get so technical. <_<

Here's a screenie of my install in 7.  The insert is from a yoot oob "test" of IS 2017 in 10. 

Absence of setting is OK for 7?  Or not?

BDIS2107-ScanServiceSetting.jpg

Thanks.

• Hello,

The Antimalware Scan Service is only available on Windows 10.

• Thanks.  That's what I thought.

For Win10 1604 (Anniversary Update).  I stand to be corrected on that, but I'm pretty sure.

Cheers.