[Fixed] Scan USB devices adding files to drive

BanziBaby
edited October 2016 in Protection

Hello,

I have noticed that BD AV+ 2017 seems to be adding folders & files to any USB drive that I plugin to my PC. It creates a folder called autorun.inf & that folder is other folders & files called bdsanitizea bdsanitizeb etc. This is on every stick I connect to PC, this wasn't done in the previous versions & is annoying as it adds these to my macrium reflect recovery drive, windows 10 install USB drive etc.

I would like to know why your product is adding these when previous versions didn't & is the only way to stop it is by turning off the scan USB drives option?

Comments

• It looks like USB-Immunizer creates this file to protect you from auto run viruses, but it's strange that it happen automatically. With Bitdefender 2016 you could do this only manually. Let Bitdefender to give us an answer...

• Hello,

Indeed the product sanitizes the USB sticks automatically, due to feedback this feature will be disabled.

The modification will come via automatic updates.

• BanziBaby
    edited October 2016

On 02/10/2016 at 0:10 AM, Vitalik1993 said:

It looks like USB-Immunizer creates this file to protect you from auto run viruses, but it's strange that it happen automatically. With Bitdefender 2016 you could do this only manually. Let Bitdefender to give us an answer...

Personally I don't see why they changed the way scan USB drives worked, I have it disabled until the issue is resolved.

15 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Indeed the product sanitizes the USB sticks automatically, due to feedback this feature will be disabled.

The modification will come via automatic updates.

Thanks for letting us know Sorin G & thank you for listening to users. Bitdefender is a great product & I suppose issues like this can be expected when a new version is out, glad you & the team are listening to user feedback. Can you please reply back when the modification is pushed out to users so we can enable the scan USB drives option again?

• Hello,

A fix has been released for this issue, please update to 21.0.21.967

Please note that the update requires a restart for changes to take effect.