Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Your connection is not secure - Firefox (Comodo IceDragon)

Options

Firefox (Comodo IceDragon) appears to tell me "Your connection is not secure" on every site.  From Google to Bing to Yahoo, any HTTPS (SSL) site automatically gives me this warning.  In BitDefender 2016 I could simply disable the "Scan SSL" and this was true in the beta of BitDefender 2017 as well, but in the final version, this does not seem to work.

Other than seeking a different anti-virus, how can I resolve this problem?

Comments

• 45 minutes ago, GOD666 said:

Firefox (Comodo IceDragon) appears to tell me "Your connection is not secure" on every site.  From Google to Bing to Yahoo, any HTTPS (SSL) site automatically gives me this warning.  In BitDefender 2016 I could simply disable the "Scan SSL" and this was true in the beta of BitDefender 2017 as well, but in the final version, this does not seem to work.

Other than seeking a different anti-virus, how can I resolve this problem?

scan SSL ...or not.jpg

• GOD666
    edited October 2016
    Options

Let me be clearer. Turning OFF "Scan SSL" does NOT resolve the issue as it did in BitDefender 2016 or the beta of BitDefender 2017, as opposed to the final version, which has no impact ON or OFF (always get the error).

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

If you click on the lock icon in your browser, what certificate do you see ?

With the product's SSL function turned off, this is caused by something else. Try updating your computer's time using the Internet Time Servers.

• 2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

If you click on the lock icon in your browser, what certificate do you see ?

With the product's SSL function turned off, this is caused by something else. Try updating your computer's time using the Internet Time Servers.

1)  In the past, turning off SSL scanning in Bitdefender resolved this issue.  It's not resolving the issue now.

Bitdefender 2016 = worked

BitDefender 2017 beta = worked

BitDefender 2017 final = on or off does not work

2) This (see screen shot) is the result of this issue.

3) Uninstalling Bitdefender resolves the issue (though generally speaking, it would be preferred to keep BitDefender)

Untitled.png

RESOLVED

The problem came from an unlikely source. The problem appears to be Comodo IceDragon with AdGaurd.

Sadly, this means I'll have to uninstall Comodo IceDragon (Firefox), as AdGaurd is functioning correctly, and this is not a problem with Comodo Dragon (Chrome) or any other browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc all work fine).

Hope the developers resolve this issue with Comodo IceDragon.

edit:   BitDefender 2017 final is awesome.  It does work with SSL Scanning enabled.  B)  Much better than 2016 or 2017 beta. :)

If anyone is using AdGaurd

Close ALL browsers

Open AdGaurd

General Settings

Scroll all the way down

Click on = Reinstall Certificates

This will resolve the issue