The Bitdefender icon

Is it normal that it takes almost 5 minutes before the icon in the systray shows up? I know that the services is running when Windows starts up.

Comments

• empezza
    empezza ✭✭✭

Same problem here.   Task bar icon is very slow to appear after boot.   I haven't timed it but 3-4 minutes would be about right.

Also, I have the option to show the BD security widget turned on, but next boot it is turned off!

• Math_Matei
    edited October 2016

The issue has been discussed on this forum!
    Please read before posting!

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-agent-system-tray-icon-appears-after-a-long-time-1619.html

and

/index.php?/topic/72560-sent2devel-bitdefender-widget/&do=embed&comment=261007&embedComment=261007&embedDo=findComment">

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I started this topic when this issue appeared with AV Plus 2016 and was told from Bitdefender that it was made because not to slow the Windows boot time. With 2017 it is extreme. Nice to know that Bitdefender are aware of this topic. I will read next time.

• ntvolli
    edited October 2016

There is a missing task...

In the german forum there is a solution posted by the official german support

/index.php?/topic/72574-bitdefender-aufgabe-fehlt-von-der-aufgabenplanung-2017er-version/&_fromLogin=1&do=embed">

and yes...

it works ;)

• Thanks - it works!