Keyboard Enter Key

Hi, since I have installed my purchased Bitdefender software, my enter key on my keyboard does not work with gmail or some sites like Amazon. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, could I please have information on correcting this? It is a real pain in email, as I use email a lot for my work and I cannot form paragraphs. I appreciate any help. This has definitely only happened since installing by purchased Bitdefender. Other than that, I love it. 

Comments

• Hello,

That is truly a peculiar situation.

Do you have any other security solutions ?

What Windows version are you running on that machine ?

What Bitdefender product and version do you have installed ?

Is your device a laptop ?

Are you using a Wireless keyboard?

What browser are you using to access the mentioned websites ?

Have you tried disabling some of the extensions/addons on the browser to see if they interfere ?

• Do you have any other security solutions ?  No, they have all been turned off. 

What Windows version are you running on that machine ?  Windows 7 home edition

What Bitdefender product and version do you have installed ?  Bitdefender Total Security 2016

Is your device a laptop ?  No

Are you using a Wireless keyboard?  Yes

What browser are you using to access the mentioned websites ?  Google Chrome (Gmail)

• Hello,

Just disabling security solutions doesn't do much, you need to completely uninstall them to avoid conflicts.

Have you tried using a different keyboard to see if the issue persists ?

Have you also tried changing the batteries of the keyboard ? I know it sounds silly, however wireless keyboard tend to act weird when running out of battery.

• I will certainly make sure that all other security solutions are uninstalled. I will also put new batteries in the keyboard. Thank you, most kindly, for the ideas to check. Much appreciated. T

Changed the batteries. No difference. Also, while in Gmail, my down key and up keys do not work. I tried that also, in order to make paragraphs. Nope. 

• Hello,

Does this issue persist in another browser?

• No, just while in Google Chrome using Gmail, trying form paragraphs. Not that much of an issue on Amazon, I can use the mouse to just click enter. But definitely an issue with emails. I have also asked this question on Google's forum. Also noted that my up and down keys do not function either. Hmmm, strange. 

• Hello,

This is most likely a issue with the browser itself, if the issue doesn't persist on any other browsers or applications.

Have you tried backing-up your bookmarks and doing a fresh reinstall of Chrome ?

• I tend to agree with your thoughts, that it is the browser. I will do a complete back-up of my bookmarks, delete, and reinstall Chrome. I thank you very much for your time and kind help.