Devices just disappeared

I'm rapidly losing faith in BOX. Let me explain...

This evening I noticed that I had received a notification on my phone via the app stating that a new device had connected to my network. After going to the app and checking the device listing, I noticed that all the devices that rely solely on the BOX for protection had turned yellow (House icon) indicating that the device is at risk for protection. I have quite a few devices that are either computers or IOT. All the devices that were not connected to the network or have Anti-virus loaded showed as normal.

I decided to recycle my network by powering down and the re-applying power. After doing that, all of the devices are gone...zero...zip...nada. Nothing under family, nothing under guest. Quite frankly I'm not inclined to have to reassign all these devices.

So in the mean-time, I will patiently wait for a response in this thread to see if BitDefender can fix this issue for me. If

Comments

• Okay. some, but not all the devices have reappeared within the app. Most of the icons are still yellow showing devices at risk.

• goatlocker
    edited November 2016

So this is a response for those following this thread...

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

This is a known issue and we are currently working on providing a fix.

There is no need to worry because this is just a display issue and there is no actual vulnerability for your devices.

We will be able to release a fix through an application update that will take place automatically.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

signature.png

-------------------

-------------------

• I was thinking. Why now is this a problem with the app? As far as I'm able to tell, it was working fine and no known update to the app has taken place since I've owned BOX. The only other explanation I could see is it's due to an iOS update that affected the app?

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hello, could you please provide me with your ticket number so that I can check the status of your case on our side?

• No ticket needed. However, the IOS app is still buggy.