Please refer me to someone who can remove this unwanted subscription, as it is locking me out of usi

fnc
fnc
edited November 2016 in General

I love your products, but this has gotten so ridiculous it would be comical if it wasn't an enormous waste of time.

So, over a month-and-a-half ago, my BitDefender for Mac 3-device 2016 subscription was about to expire. The auto-renewal price was much higher than a 10-pack Multi-Device package promotion BitDefender had, which included both Windows and Mac, and so I purchased the Multi-Device package. I then requested that BitDefender NOT renew my Mac subscription since I had already purchased another BitDefender product that provides the same Mac protection.

Well, that Mac subscription was automatically renewed anyway. A little frustrating, but mistakes happen.

However, after this unwanted automatic renewal, my Central account now shows BOTH the Mac subscription and the Multi Device subscription, and now I can ONLY use Antivirus for Mac with THREE Macs, because the unwanted subscription is for only three devices, and it is overriding the Multi-Device subscription.

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.23.38 PM.png

So on all of my Macs except 3, I get this message that says…YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.14.45 PM.png

THUS FAR...

• I have called BitDefender 11 times.

• I have sent several emails.

• I even made a video on YouTube demonstrating the issue, explaining the problem, and what needed to be addressed.

Each time I have called, I have to be referred over to someone who is not available by phone, because the phone support does not have the authority to fix this type of issue.

Finally, you have processed the refund, but you have NOT removed the Mac subscription on my Central account. So I am 10% into my MultiDevice subscription, and I am still unable to use it with all of my Macs because I am locked out from the unwanted renewal that I requested to cancel.

So…

• Am I explaining this issue clearly enough?

--if so--

• Is this something you can fix?

• How many more phone calls do you think it is going to take before we can knock this one out?

Comments

• Hello,

Our commercial team will be able to assist with this issue.

You can contact them at bitsy@bitdefender.com

• On 11/26/2016 at 0:31 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Our commercial team will be able to assist with this issue.

You can contact them at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Thank you. I have sent them an email. Hopefully this can be resolved soon, and perhaps the way that Central works will eventually be changed to avoid others from having this issue in the future.

• I wanted to update this for anyone reading.

BitDefender's Commercial team managed to fix the issue and compensated me for the lost time, which I greatly appreciate. Thank you for the referral.

This discussion has been closed.