Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet security 2017 slow down windows 7

Options

Hi there,

I have installed Bitdefender Internet security 2017 and on all windows 7 client, after installation, the system slow down.

The problem is the service vsserv.exe who saturates the CPU.

I have opened a ticket with the support center, but no solution has been provided.

What can I do?

All the users of my office are very very angry!!!

Bye.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issue you encountered.

Please ensure you removed all other security solutions from the machine.

Also try to disable one module at a time to see what module precisely is causing all this.

If you could also provide us with a screenshot of your Task Manager with the apps arranged by CPU usage.

• fnc
    fnc
    edited December 2016
    Options

As I am guessing you are already aware, this is the process that handles real-time protection, and it should not be heavy on resources...the one exception being after initial installation, where as the program may have to scan every file the system is connected to at first, but afterwards only scans new files and files that have changed since that initial scan.

Are you using a cloud or remote network? My first guess would be that the real-time protection is constantly rescanning a networked drive that is set to periodically refresh every certain amount of seconds. (My second guess would be that it is scanning flash drives or external disks connected to the system, as the default settings have it scan these automatically, and certain real-time backup applications will constantly change the files on an external, hence constantly being rescanned.)

If you had previous BD products, did you use the removal tool? (i.e., the uninstaller that you download and run elevated to Admin, versus what is built into Windows.)

With whatever other AV you had before, did you use the removal tool for that?

Are you using any other application that has real-time protection? (for example, paid version of MalwareBytes?)

And while it is very unlikely this is an error or directory issue, have you already ran the SFC /scannow and the Chkdsk /r ??