Scan SSL option stops Netflix working in Firefox

I've had major problem with Firefox and Netflix.

Firefox is supposed to automatically download DRM decryption modules so that sites that use DRM like netflix will work in HTML5.

Problem is that by default Bitdefender blocks this installation.

To get Netflix to work in firefox you need to go into the web protection settings and turn off the scan SSL settings. After turning it off Firefox will then be able to download the decryption modules.

My question is how much of a security risk is it to turn off the scan SSL option?

Also any chance of fixing it so that it doesn't block Firefox's ability to download the decryption modules?

Comments

• Did this just start happening one day for no reason?

I'm asking because something like this happened to me but BD's SSL was blocking my banking web site from opening, after trouble shooting I just uninstalled BD then re installed it then all was well.

• I only installed Firefox recently so not sure how long it's been going on. But I did google it why Netflix wasn't working and it seems it's happened to others.

I'm not reluctant to turn SSL scanning back on in case it's blocking something else i'm not ware of.

• Hello,

A silent update has been released today, it does not change the build number but it does tweak the Scan SSL function.

Let me know if the issue persists after updating and rebooting the machine (this update requires a reboot)