Total Lack of technical documentation

Just bought the box, configuration is very frustration .  Answers from support lack details,  have not found any technical documentation. 

I was told that the box comes with 5 device subscription  for security on mac/pc - the licensing does not seem to work -  get "we did not find security muti device in your account".  The larger problem is the box comes with no documentation that tells you specifically what software you need to download - so I am not sure I have the correct product. 

Right now the Box iPhone app is in "oops" mode - locking you out of everything.  I was told by support you can configure static IP, configure DHCP, turn it off, etc  - but no detail as to how to do these things.  The last e-mail from support said you need to make your iPhone family to get to the hidden config menus.  Right now the list of devices are locked out by the app - its telling me to make changes to my router that I don't want to do - So how do you get to the configuration menus ? 

I want to assign a static IP to the box device - then I can make it the default gateway on my network - I cannot get to these hidden and undocumented menus I was told exists. 

Very frustrating. 

Can any one provide basic steps to get to the config menus ?  Even a screen shot of these secret menus would be of some help to know what exists. 

I asked support questions before buying - They said I could configure the box (short answer) - but provided no details - I should have been more suspicious of the simple manual on line.  Yes, I understand someone is trying to make it easy for people who know nothing about a network - but you need to provide some level of technical detail so someone can configure the product . 

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• Hey, Doug. If you want, email me at goatlocker@icloud.com so I can try and help. I've had issues, but I think I've resolved most, if not all of them.

:D

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hello Doug, 

Could you please provide me with you ticket number from support so that I can check the status of the case?

Thanks!

• 2016121020330003 is the support ticket number. 

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Thanks, we have responded on the ticket.

• On 12/23/2016 at 11:08 AM, Amigo said:

2016121020330003 is the support ticket number. 

Hey, Doug. Hope you got your network problems resolved. Bitdefender is pretty responsive IMHO. Nice chatting with you the other day.

Goatlocker out..