Unable To Connect To The Server

Wolfmoon
Wolfmoon
edited January 2016 in Install & activation

Hi,

since Friday evening I'm trying to install AV Plus 2016 on my Computer

( Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit) but every time the Setup installs Total Security

instead. I've used the installer from the Central and from here :How To Install Bitdefender

and other sources...

It always ends with this:

post-198860-1453667808_thumb.png

When I try to login trough the PopUp "Bitdefender Central" I end up here:

post-198860-1453668032_thumb.png

So far I've done countless un- an reinstallments ( with the UninstallerTool ) without any change.

By the way, I'm using Bitdefender since 2013 and never had problems like this.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Regards,

Wolfmoon

Comments

• Hello.

You have probably done this before but ..........

Run the Bitdefender uninstall tool.

Open the Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features. Check for Bitdefender Agent, if it is there uninstall it from there.

Now Install BD AV+ from here.

Let us know if that works. :)

Ro.

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited January 2016

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

I've redone the un- and reinstallation with the uninstall tool

you've posted.

-> Same problem: After using the "bitdefender_antivirus.exe"

the installed programm is Total Secutiry.

@Edit: I've used this uninstaller for TS2016 and AV2016 before.

• OK, just to check, you did remove the Bitdefender agent from the Control Panel Programs and Features?

post-175392-1453672424_thumb.jpg

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited January 2016

yes, double checked

@Edit:

Saw just now this here:

post-198860-1453672790_thumb.png

Is this red cross relevant? Or by any means the cause of this?

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited January 2016

Redone the uninstall progress:

post-198860-1453673793_thumb.png

This right here borthers me a bit:

post-198860-1453674029_thumb.png

@Edit: wrong picture :o

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited January 2016

Problem still unsolved....

BTW: Support isn't answering either.

• *push?*

• Wait the fix :)

• Still here and waiting for a proper solution.

• Have you tried to use the uninstall tool in safe mode and thereafter running the installation in normal mode?

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited February 2016

yes, i've tried it.

I've also tried a manuell clean-uninstall with live-os ( ubuntu )

same result

• You can download updates or was able to download updates?

• I wasn't able to enter the interface therefore I couldn't download any updates

• Hello Wolfmoon,

Please try to follow the guideline from this topic and let us know if it helps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=250332

Thank you!

• Wolfmoon
    Wolfmoon
    edited February 2016

Hello Geogia,

I've replaced the bdnc.ini inside C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent with the

one you've posted. I'm still getting the "Unable to connect to the server"

message.

Edit: The Central-PopUp can actually sense if I'm using the correct LogIn-Data but is

unable to connect to the server?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

Hi Wolfmoon,

Sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Let's check if your computer can connect to the Bitdefender registration server.

Open up Command Prompt and type in these 2 commands, pressing Enter after each line:

ping nimbus.bitdefender.net

ping bd.bdnc.net

Please send us their output and also tell us the message you get when accessing http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/ in your web browser.

Looking forward to your results!

• Hi Geogia,

here the results:

post-198860-1455101859_thumb.png

By accessing http://nimbus.bitdefender.net

I get a white page with the message "Bad Request".

By the way, AV+ 2016 is currently not installed. Should I reinstall it and recheck the

ping and the webpage?

• Still unsolved...

Problem for 22 days straight.

• Still waiting...

30 days straight...

• Same problem. I'll be asking for a refund if I get anywhere near 30 days without resolution.

Google led me to a site with the offline installer. The exe file was downloaded from the Bitdefender servers:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2016/all/bitdefender_ts_20_64b.exe?__c=1

That was the only way I could install the product. After installing and registering though, I'm unable to update my virus definitions, which is absolutely essential. It just says "checking" forever and never updates.

I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit. Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are both off. I can ping both URLs listed above but when I open nimbus.bitdefender.net in a browser window, I get:

HTTP 400 error

It's not you, it's the link (it appears to be broken)

What's going on Bitdefender?

• Hi,

since Friday evening I'm trying to install AV Plus 2016 on my Computer

( Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit) but every time the Setup installs Total Security

instead. I've used the installer from the Central and from here :How To Install Bitdefender

and other sources...

It always ends with this:

image/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif" />/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=14489" rel="">Version.PNG

When I try to login trough the PopUp "Bitdefender Central" I end up here:

image/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif" />/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=14491" rel="">Error.PNG

So far I've done countless un- an reinstallments ( with the UninstallerTool ) without any change.

By the way, I'm using Bitdefender since 2013 and never had problems like this.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Regards,

Wolfmoon

I have the same problem. Tried to download BDIS2016 installer and it just installs BDTS 2016. NOTHING from BD Support.

• I have the same problem. Tried to download BDIS2016 installer and it just installs BDTS 2016. NOTHING from BD Support.

Run the BD Uninstall program to get rid of all traces of BD from your computer.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/The_New_Bitdefender_UninstallTool.exe

Open the Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features and remove (uninstall) the Bitdefender Agent if it is there,

Now install BD IS from here - /index.php?showtopic=59500" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500

Ro.

• I've uninstalled everything more than once and it makes no difference (including the use of BD's own uninstallers). Also, the installers provided on the forum (/index.php?showtopic=59500" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500) for BDIS and BDTS are identical in size (9,963,352 bytes) indicating that they are the same installer files for different products. There's never an option to install BDIS 2016 so my activation key that I've bought is useless. Same thing happens on 2 computers (Win10 latest build).

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

We have developed a potential fix for the issue you report. Please follow the steps below and let us know if they help:

1. Download (save on your computer) the 3 files from my attachment.

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and place both bdnc.ipv4 and bdnc.ini in these two folders:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016

If you are prompted, choose to replace the files that already exist there.

At the end, bdnc.ini and bdnc.ipv4 must be in both Bitdefender folders.

3. While still in Safe Mode, replace ProductAgent.json from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\settings with the file ProductAgent downloaded at step 1.

4. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

Please keep us updated with your progress.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14587" data-fileid="14587" rel="">bdnc.ipv4

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14588" data-fileid="14588" rel="">bdnc.ini

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14589" data-fileid="14589" rel="">ProductAgent.json

• We have developed a potential fix for the issue you report. Please follow the steps below and let us know if they help:

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and place both bdnc.ipv4 and bdnc.ini in these two folders:

3. While still in Safe Mode, replace ProductAgent.json from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\settings with the file ProductAgent downloaded at step 1.

4. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

I had the same problem, and now its working for me.

• We have developed a potential fix for the issue you report. Please follow the steps below and let us know if they help:

Great! It work for me as well! Thanx mate!

Had same issue today with BDIS 2016 fresh install, never had been on this machine at all, and the above files worked to allow me to sign in to Central.

• It's working, thank you Georgia.

I did it on both problematic computers. Will be a pain if I have to upgrade all 10 pc's at the office...

• SOLUTION FOUND!! - I have been having this problem for months, but have found the solution!!

Support emailed me the attached 2 new files with these instructions:

1. Download both files attached to my e-mail.

2. Restart the computer in Safe mode with Networking by following the steps from this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-i-restart-in-safe-mode-1022.html

3. In Safe Mode, follow these steps:

- open Explorer

- navigate to these two locations:

- copy the two files to that location and restart the computer back into normal mode.

In normal mode, please try to login again.

It Worked for me, Hope it Works For You!

• Not working for me. This is the last time I'm using your product.

• This is also not working for me, not had issues before with Bitdefender but considering a refund :(

• Sigh - another bitdefender problem! This is happening for me too on a brand new install!

• Sigh - another bitdefender problem! This is happening for me too on a brand new install!

Fix above fixes the problem, but begs the question - why aren't these two files replaced in the installer with these files?

• Hello,

Not all machines are the same, even with a fresh reinstall if that install doesn't have all Microsoft's updates and patches the risk of glitching is present.

A fresh install should always have all the updates and runtimes to ensure proper installment and functionality of 3rd party applications.

• bit.jpg

Hi everybody.

I installed Bitdefender Plus 2016. And it's finished. But blank screen is shown.

What should i do.

• Hello Zaluudai,

Please reinstall the product by firstly using the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool to clean the machine from Bitdefender

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

Afterwards remove any other security solution that you may have installed.

In such situations I would personally advise updating your network card's drivers as well.

Reinstall from Central afterwards ensuring you download the latest Agent.

http://central.bitdefender.com

• Zaluudai
    edited June 2016

Dear Support,

i tried uninstall and reinstalled. I tried other computer and other network.

But it was same.

We bought 500 license. We can't use most of them.

We very upset. Please help to resolve this issue.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Hello,

Sorry to hear about the situation you encountered.

Please make sure the machines are running the latest version of Internet Explorer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

• thank you. Problem solved.

• I posted a reply here yesterday, however that is gone, I dont know how. I have the same issue as described and I wonder if the file in this thread still are viable, then I might try this. I have installed repaired uninstalled the program but to avail. Other products dont have this issue, so issue is in BD client to server communiction around the product license. I have full access to Central and see my subscription, but I cant use ehat I have paid for.

• Hello,

After installing the program I can't login since it keeps showing 'Unable to connect to the server'.

I have tried all the solutions above, including uninstall and reinstall the product, and replace the files in safe mode but none of them works. I never installed BDIS before and my pc is new also. My OS is Windows 10 Pro. One thing I noticed it my browser on the pc cannot access central.bitdefender.com, while it does on my iphone. The internet is working.

Is ther any solution for this?

• Now I can access the Central but pinging

ping nimbus.bitdefender.net ---> can ping but visiting http://nimbus.bitdefender.net/ shows bad request
    ping bd.bdnc.net ---> time out.

• @Njord please ensure your machine has a adequate internet connection, please disable any VPNs or Proxies that you may have active on the machine.

Please ping nimbus.bitdefender.net and let me know if you receive a reply.

@baoquan89 glad to hear that the situation has been resolved, bd.bdnc.net is refusing ping requests by default.

• Hi! I have the same problem.

I can't log in or finish my installation on one of my windows computers.

Could you please re-upload the files? The ones that are posted are unavailable.

I am waiting for your reply

• Hello,

Those files are not valid anymore. That exact issue has been long resolved.

The error message might be the same but the cause is different.

As per above please ensure you have remove all other security solutions and you are not using any VPNs or proxies for your connection.

Please ping nimbus.bitdefender.net and let me know if you receive a reply.

• Hi,

I have the same problem, I installed BitDefender 2017 but can't finish the device registration.

When I ping nimbus.bitdefender.net I receive a reply so it does not seem a connection issue.

Please help with this!

• Hello,

If you are connected via Wi-Fi try cable and see if that changes anything.

Should the issue persist please contact our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool to be able to further investigate this issue.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• I had the same and was able to solve it. Seems like it's a DNS issue. Was able to change my DNS on the network adapter to googles DNS. 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

• On 03/12/2016 at 0:00 AM, ajcas1286 said:

I had the same and was able to solve it. Seems like it's a DNS issue. Was able to change my DNS on the network adapter to googles DNS. 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

I changed to a fixed IP with the Google DNS servers as posted by ajcas and it worked.

• Brand new Windows 10 Pro install from scratch last night. BitDefender is one of the first two programs I installed. This is on an Intel NUC that is nothing but a security camera NVR. I get same error and I can ping the nimbus server with like 47ms ping times.

Dale

This discussion has been closed.