Experiencing an IOS BOX App false positive?

Gents at Bitdefender. I've been receiving on almost a daily basis a 'Notification' from the IOS BOX app of a 'Dangerous website blocked.' This notification event is a 'Threat Blocked' of bam-nr-data.net/. It says that this is seen as a fishing attempt. 

I was going to submit it as a possible false positive, but I cannot say for sure. Suggestions on determining what this constant event is?

Thanks

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hello, could you please provide us with a screenshot of the notification so that we can see exactly what BOX is blocking?

• Sure thing. Apology for there late reply. The only devices I've noticed this warning shows for is IOS and OS X. Haven't seen it with Windows 10.

Thanks,

Goatlocker

BDef005.jpg

• Michael_BD

Hello, we finished analyzing the resource and concluded that we were dealing with a false positive detection. The website has been unblocked and you should no longer receive a notification regarding it.

• 16 hours ago, Michael Bitdefender BOX said:

Hello, we finished analyzing the resource and concluded that we were dealing with a false positive detection. The website has been unblocked and you should no longer receive a notification regarding it.

Mike. Thanks for looking into this. I also wanted to say that it shows for Windows devices also. Can you shed some light as to what it is and why BD thinks it doesn't require being blocked?

I'll let you know if it continues to still alert.

Thanks

• Michael_BD

Our cloud scanning servers were detecting that resource as being a phishing attempt. Most likely a program installed on both of your systems is contacting that resource for legit purposes.

• Okay. I need to figure out what that resource is pulling. Thanks

• Mike,

Still getting the same alert.

Thanks

• Michael_BD

Hello, I've checked this with our malware labs and this resource should no longer be detected. Please let me know if you still receive notifications regarding it.