Can't clear the "Activity" section

In the activity section I can't find a way to clear the blocked applications, blocked threats or blocked attacks.

Is there any way to do so? They should make it so we can clear them like the notifications.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

/index.php?/profile/207180-sewton/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/207180-sewton/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207180" rel="">@sewton

As far as I know, there is no way to clear those values.  After 30 days, they disappear on their own.

I agree with you - BD should permit you to clear them, if you so desire.  It is YOUR computer.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• ya seems like the only way to clear it is by waiting a whole month which is not how it should be

ive created a thread in feature request section and also have a ticket open with them, hopefully they can add it in a future patch!

• Another great improvement for Bitdefender to become a complete user–friendly software is to let the user to copy (CTRLc) all or the selected Notifications

• in the 2017 release the logs and interactivity of users with these logs has really taken a step back

very small, basic improvements would allow it to become a lot more intuitive with how modern software should be

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

On 1/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, garioch7 said:

/index.php?/profile/207180-sewton/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207180" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/207180-sewton/" rel="">@sewton

As far as I know, there is no way to clear those values.  After 30 days, they disappear on their own.

I agree with you - BD should permit you to clear them, if you so desire.  It is YOUR computer.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

HI y'all,

I didn't pay too much attention to it, at the time, but when I did a "REPAIR" of BD, through Control Panel, it came back on with the *Blocked Items* set back to zero (0). (All of them)

On the flip side, it would mean, if it's important to you, initiating a REPAIR every time you notice a Blocked Item. IMHO, the effort is not worth the end results, since they do disappear automatically after 30 days. 

This is just my opinion, you may have legit reasons for clearing them at will. 

• On 2017-01-29 at 2:45 PM, mdgboxx said:

HI y'all,

I didn't pay too much attention to it, at the time, but when I did a "REPAIR" of BD, through Control Panel, it came back on with the *Blocked Items* set back to zero (0). (All of them)

On the flip side, it would mean, if it's important to you, initiating a REPAIR every time you notice a Blocked Item. IMHO, the effort is not worth the end results, since they do disappear automatically after 30 days. 

This is just my opinion, you may have legit reasons for clearing them at will. 

I spoke with bitdefender support online and made several tickets so far which have led nowhere, theyve told me that there is no local file which stores the activity information and its on the cloud, which clearly is not true since the method you mentioned does work.

my guess is their support lines are very uninformed about the new version and how it stores data, even asking them to follow up on a ticket ive created leads to nowhere.

very disappointed in bitdefender so far...

• so i just spoke with the support team and a "senior colleague" sent me this:

"The 3 panels under "view modules" display information about the actions taken by Bitdefender on your device in the last 30 days and cannot be modified or cleared. No workaround is currently available as the information is hardcoded. They should not be mistaken with the events (notifications) which exist in Bitdefender 2017 and can be deleted this way: from the main Bitdefender interface click the small bell on the left menu then click on Delete All.

Above the bell button you will notice another one that reads Activity. Once you click it you will find 2 sections at the bottom: Security Report and Bitdefender Central Activity Dashboard. Clicking on the latest will take you to the Bitdefender Central platform that offers integrated management with the monthly protection activity offered by your Bitdefender. Because of this integration with Central and because we want it to be accurate (just like the weekly security report) the counter for App, File and Web Protection reset automatically every month and cannot be modified manually."

since using the repair function actually clears the activity there obviously is a workaround and bitdefender staff for some reason dont want to help out with any implementation.

I've also been told by support that they wont add this as a feature because "there is no need"

so much for that i guess...