Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox Disabled Wallet 4.2.2

Options
MarcHoppe
edited January 2017 in Protection

After today's update (23 Jan) Firefox has blocked BD Wallet 4.2.2

bdw 012317-2.png

Comments

• michaelperth
    edited January 2017
    Options

Same here, just encountered this.

I saw it mentioned that we should update to build x.y, but how does one manually update the product? I've only ever seen the automatic update function and that is only showing an update to signatures.

Follow-up: Okay, a reboot fixed it. (The signature update apparently included an update to the plug-in.)

• Correction, shortly after the reboot Firefox reported it again, and the Wallet is still 4.2.2...

• Same problem here. The Bitdefender Wallet was disabled after the latest FireFox update to 50.1 (attached).

I hope Bitdefender fixes this asap.

Untitled.png

• Same Problem

bitdef-wallet-deact.JPG

• if someone try to submit an email, or start a Chat Connection with Supports,

this will submit as a bug or issue and will send to Developres, i think we got an answer faster :D

anyway we have a Technical Support here in forum also, we can stay to see whats he is going to say about that

• After upgrading to Total Security 2017 the certificate was reinstalled and everything is fine now

• 9 hours ago, AndreasL said:

After upgrading to Total Security 2017 the certificate was reinstalled and everything is fine now

It works!!

I had Total Security 2016. I purchased the Total Security 2017 and entered the activation code (without installing the 2017 software). The 'days left' on my software increased but the name stayed as Total Security 2016. I contacted support and they advised to install the 2017 software so I did and the problem is solved!

Untitled.png

• JosephJ
    JosephJ
    edited January 2017
    Options

Forgive me for being dense, but I already have a subscription to BitDefender Total Security 2016 with plenty of time left on my subscription, why should I purchase another version ?

Will there be a fix posted for those like me ?

• I contacted support through chat the other day about this problem and was directed to repair my Total Security 2016.I done this and the wallet was working again,but upon opening my computer the next day the problem has returned.I have also tried to install from the mozilla add-ons site and that is not working either.I have 46 days remaining on my product and this is very annoying.Looking through the forum posts i notice this problem has been in existence for some time although only recently for me.If it is a matter of a signature for the certificate it should be an easy fix! Come on get this sorted guys.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/207391-josephj/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207391" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/207391-josephj/" rel="">@JosephJ  The upgrade from 2016 to 2017 is free of charge. You can use the same subscription. Moreover you can no longer download 2016 from Central.

To resolve this issue simply run a update of the product and reboot afterwards.

• Just out of curiosity why is BD Wallet at 4.2.2 in TS 2016 but 4.1.7 in TS 2017 ? Seems like the new version of TS would have the higher version of Wallet.

I've upgraded two of my five licenses from 2016 to 2017 but I'm hesitant to upgrade on my studio computer until absolutely necessary. 

• /index.php?/profile/190879-bombolay/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="190879" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/190879-bombolay/" rel="">@Bombolay

When I contacted support they told me to re-download the .exe file from Bitdefender Central and install it. This will install 2017 in place of your 2016 software and hopefully solve the problem. At least for me it did.

Here are the steps:

In order to upgrade Bitdefender, please follow the below steps:

- Access your account via https://central.bitdefender.com

- Click on MyDevices

- Click on Install Bitdefender -> Download

- A file will be saved on your system

- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen steps

You can find a complete guide here: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-install-bitdefender-2016-on-my-computer-1477.html