Autopilot. 'OK, We got that' - No U have not!

BDTS 2016 ran fine with Autopilot running silently in the background. Am now on BDTS 2017, the BD icon in the 'show hidden icons' bar (Windows 10) shows with a X, clicking this Icon brings up the main BD screen with the warning my PC is not protected and to update now. and the Autopilot is turned off.

I turn on Autopilot and am greeted with the message "OK, we got that" and said hidden Icon now shows as "You are in Autopilot mode". At some point Autopilot turns off and the X returns. not sure exactly what causes this, but it's something that did not occur with TS2016.

I am not using any Mode Profiles and all Profile options are now turned off. I have found suggestions about turning off Laptop Mode and Game Mode and letting Autopilot control my security option, these do not appear to be in 2017, well, not Laptop or the option to allow Autopilot to control my security anyway.

I am fed up having to keep checking to see if Autopilot has turned off, the helpful "OK we got that" then find its off again! Does BDTS 2017 suffer from Alzheimer's? How do I make Autopilot always on unless I turn it off?

Build # 21.0.23.1101

Comments

• Hello,

Please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool to further investigate this issue.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• Hi Sorin, thank you for the link but I think it's to do with the PC's start up, for whatever reason BD is not starting with AutoPilot enabled. Not sure I can correctly send the BD Support Tool report replicating the problem as it seems to be the initial start up of BD Itself. is there a something I can check, a box not ticked maybe?

• Hello,

The logs will tell us what settings you currently have on your Bitdefender and we can go from there.

• Hi Sorin.

Log file sent.

• did you try a "repair"

• Thanks, but I cannot find a "Repair" option within the BDTS program.

Many thanks. did as you suggested and will see how it behaves, pity it lost all my trusted and blacklisted sites which is a bit of a pain. If it can keep its custom scans memory why not my sites?

Oh well,.