[Sent2Devel] Widget moves after running a 3D application

Yes, but now the widget does something different, after closing a fullscreen 3D application, like Quake 2, Unreal or the Nvidia Cave demo, the widget has moved to the upper left corner of the screen! This is in Windows 8.1.

Tagged:

Comments

• 6 hours ago, ridevries said:

Yes, but now the widget does something different, ..., the widget has moved to the upper left corner of the screen!

This is what I see now too.  No 3D applications though.  Windows 10.

• Exactly, thank you.

• My widget stays in the upper right corner??

• Kramage
    Kramage ✭✭✭

I have Bitdefender Total Security 21.0.25.80 installed on a Windows 10 Pro PC and I am having this same problem with the widget. If I am running a game in full screen and then exit it, the security widget moves from the bottom right to the upper left of the screen.

• Hello,

We are currently investigating the matter.

Will update the thread when I have more information.

• Hello,

Been looking for a fix for this moving widget every time i turn on my PC. Running windows 7 with latest BD/total security build 21.0.25.80.

I had read previous forums on this issue, with all stating that after build 21.0.25.80 update there problem was fixed. Well my did not. I could not reply on those forums as they have been closed with a fixed statement. Mine is not related to other comments here relating to gaming. This all started to happen when my bitdefender got to 30 days left on subscription, I still have 11 days left before i update new subscription and have already purchased a family total security unlimited devices but not activated yet until other runs down to 1 day.

So this is becoming annoying having to place my widget where i want it every time on turn on.

• The reset of the position of the security widget isn't fixed yet.  I'm using Windows 10 with Bitdefender build 21.0.25.80 and the position of the widget keeps resetting to the upper left corner.  It seems to do it more often after a full shutdown, but will sometimes stay in position after a restart.

• The Security Widget randomly move to the upper left corner of the screen.

Since the latest product update (BDAP2017 Build 21.0.25.80 on Win7/64bit).

• flachbau
    edited May 2017

It is obvious the developer who did the last build, had the Bitdefender Security Widget in the upper left of desktop. Why not make Security Widget moveable like every other icon on Windows Desktop? btw, Windows 7 user

• They supposedly fixed this problem with build 21.0.25.80 according to this thread, which they closed for further posts.

/index.php?/topic/75402-fixed-security-widget-resets-position-after-restart/" rel="">Security Widget Resets position

It doesn't work for me.

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/127266-jeyurkon/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="127266" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/127266-jeyurkon/" style="" rel="">@jeyurkon That thread was closed as the bug reported there was fixed.

The situation depicted in this thread is different and our devs are aware of the situation and working on a fix.

• kfesm
    edited May 2017

2 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/127266-jeyurkon/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="127266" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/127266-jeyurkon/" rel="">@jeyurkon That thread was closed as the bug reported there was fixed.

The situation depicted in this thread is different and our devs are aware of the situation and working on a fix.

I think the fix was not properly implemented, now the users of the Steam platform "won" a jumping Security Widget. This problem started with the build 21.0.25.80. Nver happend before. I just hid this annoying Security Widget.

• Build 21.0.25.84 on Windows 7 and the widget ends up on the top left corner of the screen after a cold start, no matter where I put it before the shutdown and restart.  Very annoying!

• Windows 10 Home x64

Single Monitor, DX10+Vulkan+ AMD Radeon RX480 8GB

Bitdefender Build: 21.0.25.84

Engine: 7.71410

The Bitdefender Security Widget fails to remember it's screen position after reboot and after Fullscreen Game.

Usually moves from bottom right to upper left.

• I have a desktop AMD PC running Windows 7 Enterprise and the security widget is in the lower right-hand position on the screen.  I vaguely remember that this PC also had that problem with a widget being in the upper left hand corner but it is fixed. 

I have a Lenovo laptop using an Intel CPU running Windows 7 Professional and the security widget is in the upper left-hand corner and can't be budged.  It has been there for a month.  

Very annoying.  

Cheers,

HAL1401

• WIndows 7, Bitdefender 2017, Build 21.0.25.84 and the security widget appears in the top left corner of the screen after a boot, no matter where I place it before rebooting.  A previous topic on the same subject is closed with a "fixed" notation and it's not!

• Hello,

We are currently working on resolving this issue.

I will update the thread when a fix is released.

• The Security Widget moves itself to the top left corner after a reboot.  After the screen has gone to screensaver.  After a second monitor has been connected.  Randomly at other times.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my big desktop.  I do not know which build of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 I have, as I do not know where to look for that information; however, the latest updates have been downloaded within the past 24 hours.  I have run the repair process three times in the past 24 hours, having been told that would fix the security widget adjusting its position randomly.  It did not.  I made sure that all old outdated files from other security software suites are off my computer, having been told that would fix the problem.  It did not.  I have turned off the widget for now. 

On my laptop, running Windows 7 Professional and, one presumes, the same version of BitDefender except that I have not run any repair processes, the problem does not occur.  The Security Widget remains in the lower right corner at all times.

• Same issue; after reboot or return from hibernation, the widget moves to the upper left corner. It's been going on for several months now. 

Bitdefender Internet Security 2017, build 21.0.25.84

Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.1198

• My Security Widget has also moved itself to the top left corner, but not after a reboot; one day it just moved there. It seems to be locked as I have not figured out how to move it back temporarily or permanently. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a laptop.  I do not know which build of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 I have, as I do not know where to look for that information. The updates are set to refresh automatically every hour. If there is a fix that comes with the updates, I would think this would have resolved itself days ago. 

This issue occurred one other time and it eventually moved and locked itself back to the bottom right corner. 

How do we move this widget temporarily? Some of the other posts indicate this can be done. Moving it would be easier than turning it off and on. Preference would be to have the ability to move it and to lock/unlock its position.

Any help or insight is appreciated. 

Thank you

• More (System) information on the security widget position reset with my Windows 7 (64 bit laptop),  Bitdefender Total Security 2017 -- Build version 21.0.25.92.

I am looking to move it back to the bottom right corner and lock the position if possible or even temporarily as a work around. 

• On 6/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, løkken said:

More (System) information on the security widget position reset with my Windows 7 (64 bit laptop),  Bitdefender Total Security 2017 -- Build version 21.0.25.92.

I am looking to move it back to the bottom right corner and lock the position if possible or even temporarily as a work around. 

Hi løkken. You can reposition the widget by dragging it with the mouse while holding down the right mouse button. ;) 

• On 5/17/2017 at 6:02 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

We are currently working on resolving this issue.

I will update the thread when a fix is released.

Any progress on this yet? It's been a month since the last update... LastPass works as it should in Chrome so I've stopped using FireFox in the meantime.

• Two updates on this status:

1. The widget moved back to its original position (bottom right corner) and is locked (i.e., I cannot move it elsewhere -- drag it, click, right click, etc...), which is fine as this is where I want it. This occurred a few days after posting my first query and putting up with it on the top left corner -- covering other icons on my desktop.

2. When the widget was in the upper left corner, it was locked. I could not drag it or find any options to move it in any of the menus, right click, etc. When the widget did finally move, it  allowed me to drag it (unlocked), so I moved it back to the bottom right corner. The widget was movable for that one occurrence. Since then, it has remained locked in the bottom right corner.

I suggest a fix to lock/unlock, and allow to move. The intermittent/random re-positioning, lock/unlock, move where you want it and where you do not want it, looks bad from a reputation perspective. It would be difficult to assert you have one of the best cars on the market if you had one window you could not close all the way -- even if the rest of the car was perfect. Customers would suspect other (phantom) issues sub rosa.

• 1 hour ago, cmac410 said:

Any progress on this yet? It's been a month since the last update... LastPass works as it should in Chrome so I've stopped using FireFox in the meantime.

LOL apologies for this... I was thinking of an issue with LastPass for FireFox. Please disregard the content of the message above.

But... as it has been a month, is there any progress on a fix for the moving widget yet?

• Unfortunately, nothing has improved with newer versions. and months have passed. If this cannot be solved, how can I trust Bitdefender with the security of my PC, which seems to me like a much more complex issue? But maybe and hopefully I am wrong...

• Bitdefender Antivirus 2017, build 21.2.25.33, on a laptop, and this widget position issue is still NOT resolved.  Every time I boot, the widget appears in the top left corner of the screen no matter where I put it before the reboot.  It's been many months since the issue has been reported, with several updates in the meantime.  It's extremely annoying to have to move the widget every time I boot my laptop.

• 3 minutes ago, SteveS0353 said:

Bitdefender Antivirus 2017, build 21.2.25.33, on a laptop, and this widget position issue is still NOT resolved.  Every time I boot, the widget appears in the top left corner of the screen no matter where I put it before the reboot.  It's been many months since the issue has been reported, with several updates in the meantime.  It's extremely annoying to have to move the widget every time I boot my laptop.

Literally, as I was clicking submit on the above message, I received a notification that an update to 2018 was available.  I just rebooted to complete the install, and low and behold, the widget stayed where I put it after the restart!