Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender update breaks latest version of Firefox

Options

Bit Defender updated today and now Firefox is unresponsive. If I disable Bit Defender Firefox works normally.

Does not affect any other web browsers.

Comments

• Hello Mackuk, welcome to Bitdefender forum. default_happy.png

Interesting problem you have there... Maybe it is due to some firefox add-ons you have installed?! 

Try checking the addons, if that doesn`t solve your problem add an exception in Bitdefender for Firefox.

• techn0
    Options

As of the last update Firefox crashes at startup. I Disabled all addons and extensions and it still locks up until i disable Bitdefender protection and then re-enable it. Bitdefender Free gives no information on what's being blocked or why. You cannot add an exception in Bitdefender for Firefox without purchasing the full version.

• Mackuk
    Options

Hi there,

Yep exactly the same problem for me with the free version of Bitdefender and Firefox. Am now using Chrome as an alternative now which works with no problems until the problem is fixed. I'm using Windows 10. As mentioned if Bitdefender is disabled Firefox works normally.

• techn0
    edited May 2017
    Options

41 minutes ago, Mackuk said:

Hi there,

Yep exactly the same problem for me with the free version of Bitdefender and Firefox. Am now using Chrome as an alternative now which works with no problems until the problem is fixed. I'm using Windows 10. As mentioned if Bitdefender is disabled Firefox works normally.

Update : I left Firefox on lockup for awhile and finally recieved a ****** crash message from firefox (chrome://contextsearch/content/genericprefobserver.js:72). I couldn't stop the ****** or disable it as the browser was still locking up. So it would seem that the last update is either blocking parts of javascript or javascript entirely Im not sure.

• techn0
    Options

Firefox is once again working for me so the problem must have been fixed with the last update

• Mackuk
    Options

Yep, working again here now too :)

• Dakota
    Options

I have the paid version of bitdefender total security 2017. Firefox started freezing on all sites when I scroll or type. I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, refreshed it several times and created a new profile. Nothing has helped. The new profile started freezing too. Google chrome is unaffected and working okay. However, I prefer and mainly use firefox. I have did a manual update on bitdefender several times and that too has not helped.

I have read posts by others on the mozilla firefox forums who have been experiencing the same issue with the free version of bitdefender. Mine started around the same time, except I have the paid version of bitdefender.

• Spunky Monkey
    Options

I have the paid version of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 and just installed it on Hubby's computer. His Firefox browser will no longer allow him to connect to any websites. It pops up a warning about the site using an unauthorized security certificate.This is on Netflix, Facebook, Google, etc. When he uses Chrome, there aren't any issues. We are also having other issues with Bitdefender on his Windows 7 machine, so maybe once we clear those up, Firefox and BD will start getting along..

• Dakota
    edited May 2017
    Options

17 hours ago, Spunky Monkey said:

I have the paid version of Bitdefender Total Security 2017 and just installed it on Hubby's computer. His Firefox browser will no longer allow him to connect to any websites. It pops up a warning about the site using an unauthorized security certificate.This is on Netflix, Facebook, Google, etc. When he uses Chrome, there aren't any issues. We are also having other issues with Bitdefender on his Windows 7 machine, so maybe once we clear those up, Firefox and BD will start getting along..

In adfition to the freezing on all sites with firefox, I am having a similar problem to you with bitdefender and firefox. I have bern getting the message Your connection is not secure on different websites - facebook, ebay, Wikipedia and even the bitdefender website. And the sites are blocked. I have been able to hit the back button and then get the sites to load on the 2nd try. But right now with the freezing on all sites I can't use firefox. Google chrome is fine. I too have windows 7 and on a laptop.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our test beds, please ensure that you have completely removed all other security solutions from the machine.

If the issue still persists after cleaning the computer, please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html