Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Do We really Need Total Security 2017?

With all the monstrous security crises recently with the product malfunctioning, do we really need it?

All I want is antivirus, anti-malware, e-mail scanner, phishing blocker and key-logger blocker.

I do not want Password Manager, as the Vault insists I got my password wrong the first time I used it moments after entering the password twice and writing it down.

Central tells me my PC is 15 miles away and I can lock it or wipe it. So if there's a guy with a machine with the same name as mine, can he lock/wipe my PC?

Support copied another user in to my Support e-mails and so revealed my e-mail address to a 3rd party.

Ransomware? That will probably lock all my documents so I can't open them.

Safe Pay? Building societies and banks have secure connections and require a card reader to enter a randomly generated number, and BD stops you doing things like printing your statements out. So it will probably prevent me ever transferring money between accounts or paying bills.

So, what product can I use that will give me only what I want?

Cheers!

Comments

• LOL! I was hoping for a slightly fuller response than that, such as which package I could use instead.

Cheers!

• Anti virus plus is all you need, the other bloat you get with TS is just junk never works right and gives you nothing but head aches.

• Yep, same here, for more than a month. It takes anything from 4 to 12 minutes to restart, shut down or cold boot because BD keeps hanging on restart, shut down or when booting up, as seen in Event Viewer. This NEVER happened in all the time I have had BD Total Security, ever since 2012. It ONLY started happening with the build that broke people's Firewall.

Thing is, Antivirus Plus (which I am using atm) HAS no Firewall, and it's still happening. But it does NOT happen if I roll back to the previous build. They've suggested I completely uninstall and try installing again from scratch and they gave me keys for all three products to try and fix the issue.

Cheers!

• Hi UtterlyDisilusioned, short answer to your question about wiping/locking PC is NO. ^_^

For your specific needs, I would recommend using some kind of combo of good AV engine, like i.e. Bitdefender, and some light-weight but effective anti-malware protection.

Cheers!B)