Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Suggestion: Stop Auto-Scanning External HDDs

It seems that BitDefender for Mac automatically scans all new files, including those on external HDDs.  Whenever I plug in an external HDD, BitDefender starts scanning files on the external HDD (as shown by its icon at task bar).  I cannot "safely eject" the external HDD until BitDefender stops scanning, which may well take hours.

This generates quite some inconvenience.  I am using my HDD just to copy a few files, yet I have to wait few hours before I can remove the HDD.  I have not tried handling DVDs on my Mac, but given the slow speed of DVDs, I expect a nightmare...

I suggest that BitDefender should not automatically scan external HDDs/drives.  Or at least, users should be allowed to opt-out.

Thank you very much =)

PS: I know that I can add exclusions.  But then I have to create exclusions for each of my drives, which would still be quite inconvenient.

PS: This problem occurs once per external HDD.  The second time I use the same HDD, there are no new files to scan.

Comments