Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

AutoPilot ?

Options

Hi everyone. New Bitdefender 2017 TS user here. I have quite a few questions but will separate then into different threads as not to dilute anything.  According to the help docs on autopilot:
https://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-is-autopilot-mode-1115.html

• Antivirus protection, provided by on-access scanning and continuous scanning.

I'm not sure what the "continuous scanning" thing is but i know what i'm after :). I'm wondering if bitdefender autopilot (or by another mechanism) will automatically schedule quick/full scans periodically (daily/weekly/monthly/ect...) or if you want quick/full scans to happen do you have to manually schedule these? I'm of course wanting bitdefender to run quick/full scans periodically. Maybe by default bitdefender by default will only scan files when you create/edit them or when you access them and won't run periodic scans? Can you please clarify?

Comments

• Meaning to say if the Bitdefender has been installed on your computer it will run in the background and it will continuously monitors the applications running on the computer, looking for malware like actions and prevents new malware threats from entering your system. So even if you are using a different program, the thing is that this program scans from the background but it will not really interact any other services and it will not do some conflicts on your computer itself. default_happy.png

• ncage
    Options

1 hour ago, Firdovsi said:

Meaning to say if the Bitdefender has been installed on your computer it will run in the background and it will continuously monitors the applications running on the computer, looking for malware like actions and prevents new malware threats from entering your system. So even if you are using a different program, the thing is that this program scans from the background but it will not really interact any other services and it will not do some conflicts on your computer itself. default_happy.png

But will it or anything else (another bit defender feature) scan the system with either a full or quick scan?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The product will not perform a full system scan on the machine  by itself. You can use the Custom Scan feature to schedule one if needed.

The AutoPilot monitors the device in real time for any malicious applications/attacks and also scans the startup items when booting the machine.

• ncage
    Options

4 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

The product will not perform a full system scan on the machine  by itself. You can use the Custom Scan feature to schedule one if needed.

The AutoPilot monitors the device in real time for any malicious applications/attacks and also scans the startup items when booting the machine.

Thanks Sorin i appreciate the reply. Though I do feel like this is a glaring omission for a security suite (especially for one as good as bitdefender) but i know this isn't the place for this. I've entered a feature request in the forum. Hopefully you guys can implement it for 2018. 

thanks...