BitDefender Blocking Steam Overlay.. again

Good morning, 

BitDefender is again blocking access to Steam's Overlay in games. This has happened in the past. Uninstalling Bitdefender seems to be the only way to fix this. Creating a rule to allow steam, steam overlay, and each individual game no longer works. 

Anyone found a workaround this time? Will this be 'fixed' again in the near future? For now I'm stuck using Windows Defender, as this is a feature I'm not willing to go without. 

Comments

• Hello,

Try reseting the rules next time this happens.

Since you uninstall the product, the issue should no longer persist as your settings were reset.

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our testbeds so I believe a simple rule reset should do the trick.

• So something in BitDefender is clearly interfering with my Steam desktop client, which is the main reason I use this particular computer. 

Disabling the firewall in BD causes Steam to act normally, load quickly, overlay works.. enabling the firewall causes countless slowdowns, the pages are constantly not loading correctly and the overlay does not work despite resetting the rules and re-creating them. 

I've also noticed that some of my rules randomly disappear.. they'll be there one day and gone the next without any changes made on my part. 

• Uninstalling Bitdefender solves this problem. I will be going with a competitor product from now on thanks to your excellent support.