Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full system scan always stuck at 99%

I cannot finish any full system scan as it will stuck at 99% everytime

if I press stop, it will auto continue scanning after few seconds.

What's the problem?

bd.jpg

Comments

• The problem is not solved even I repaired the Bitdefender 

• Hello,

Looking at the folder you are currently scanning the file inside is most likely a iso that is a container. The percentage will remain static until the contents of that file are scanned entirely.

Let me know if the number of scanned files increases even though the product shows 99%.

• 29 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Looking at the folder you are currently scanning the file inside is most likely a iso that is a container. The percentage will remain static until the contents of that file are scanned entirely.

Let me know if the number of scanned files increases even though the product shows 99%.

Hello 

After I deleted the folder, it also stuck in another folder at 99% 

Yes, the number of scanned files increases even though the product shows 99% but it will not increase when it reach a certain number.

bd.jpg

• Hello,

Please run a CHKDSK and then try to scan the machine again.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-chkdsk-check-drive-errors-windows-8-a.html

• 11 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please run a CHKDSK and then try to scan the machine again.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-chkdsk-check-drive-errors-windows-8-a.html

chkdsk [drive letter]: [switches with space inbetween]

Switches that you can use in the command:

NOTE: The switches in red below are new to Windows 8.

• /F - Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer. For example, on the C: drive.

• /V - On FAT or FAT32 volumes, displays the name of each file in every directory as the disk is checked.

• /R - Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked. Includes the functionality of /f, with the additional analysis of physical disk errors.

• /L: - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Changes the chkdsk log file size to the number size in KB you type. If you omit the size parameter, typing /L by itself will display the current chkdsk log file size. For example, to have the default 65536 KB log file for the C: drive, you would type: chkdsk C: /F /L:65536

/X - Forces the volume to dismount first, if necessary. All open handles to the drive are invalidated. Includes the functionality of /f.

/I - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Performs a less vigorous check of index entries, which reduces the amount of time required to run chkdsk.

/C - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Does not check cycles within the folder structure, which reduces the amount of time required to run chkdsk.

/B - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Clears the list of bad clusters on the volume and rescans all allocated and free clusters for errors. Includes the functionality of /r. Use this parameter after imaging a volume to a new hard disk drive.

/scan - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Runs a online scan on the volume.

• /forceofflinefix - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Must be used with /scan switch. Bypass all online repair; all defects found are queued for offlne repair (ex: "chkdsk /spotfix").

/perf - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Must be used with /scan switch. Uses more system resources to complete a scan as a fast as possible. This may have a negative performance impact on other tasks running on your system.

/spotfix - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Runs spot fixxing on the volume.

sdccleanup - Can only be used with a NTFS disk. Garbage collect unneeded security desciptor data. Includes the functionality of /f.

offlinescanandfix - Runs an offline scan and fix on the volume.

use which commend and which drive?

• Hello,

You can run a simply CHKDSK.

- Go to My Computer

- Right click on your drive and select Properties

- Go to the tab Tools

- Click on Error Scan and then click start.

Note : You may be asked to reboot the machine if the drive is in use.

• 2 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

You can run a simply CHKDSK.

- Go to My Computer

- Right click on your drive and select Properties

- Go to the tab Tools

- Click on Error Scan and then click start.

Note : You may be asked to reboot the machine if the drive is in use.

Okay. it said that no error is found in my NTFS system drive(C:) and said it is not required to check in my ReFS drive(D:)

but the problem is not solved

• help!!

• help!!

• help!!

• help!!

• I can finish the scan using the free edition