Cannot Disable Safepay

How do I stop the safepay pop up?

When I use a bank website, or even ebay, safepay starts and asks if I want to use it to open it. But no mater what I choose from the drop down menu, the pop up keeps coming up, even after I leave the website. The only way to make it go away is to restart the computer. How do I stop this?

It's EXTREMELY annoying!!!!! 

Thanks 

Tagged:

Comments

• Identical issue as described in this "fixed" post (it is talking about BD 2016; I am using BD 2017):

/index.php?/topic/69436-fixed-safepay-wont-turn-off-in-latest-update/&do=embed">

TL;DR, Safepay pop's up for banking websites even when "disabled" by setting to "Do not recommend for any site".  Once the popup appears, it repeatedly pops back up no matter how you answer it.  Very annoying when actually trying to do some banking as the Safepay browser opens and breaks my session.

• Same problem here.  It is impossible to disable safe pay.  Please fix.

• Hello,

What Windows version and build are you running on your machine?

What Bitdefender build do you have installed on your machine ?

Does this issue occur on all browsers or just a certain one ?

• Not sure why, but today it's working correctly for me.

Anyway.  Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.693

Bitdefender antivirus plus 2017 build 21.0.24.53

Chrome version 56.0.2924.87

• On 3/10/2017 at 6:41 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

What Windows version and build are you running on your machine?

What Bitdefender build do you have installed on your machine ?

Does this issue occur on all browsers or just a certain one ?

This is happening to me as well. I am running Windows 10 x64, Bitdefender 21.0.24.54, and happens on both Firefox and Chrome when I try to open www.bankofamerica.com.

When the Safepay pop-up appears, I have to click the selection 5 or 6 times to get it to stop. It seems that Safepay is seeing multiple versions of the website and trying to store how it should open for each one, such as secure.bankofamerica.com, aero.bankofamerica.com, etc.

• Any update from Bitdefender about this? I noticed that it is still an issue for me on a new installation, to the point where Safepay is not really worth the hassle of trying to close it nearly a dozen times for each individual website it thinks I am trying to open. This is a problem on www.bankofamerica.com using Chrome. I have not tried other browsers yet.  

• Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was able to reproduce this issue on bankofamerica and forwarded the case to our devs.

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates.

• On 6/15/2017 at 3:41 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was able to reproduce this issue on bankofamerica and forwarded the case to our devs.

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates.

Thank you!